Director HR and Payroll Systems
Who We Are:
Saks Cloud Services (SCS) is an operating company within Saks, the premier digital platform for luxury fashion. SCS provides IT infrastructure services, technology consulting and systems integration services, while also serving as a software reseller and service provider
The Human Resources Systems Director provides Human Resources system administration, including business process configuration, reporting development, end user training, and data management. This position works closely with internal HR, Enterprise Applications/IT staff, and business leaders to effectively meet the HR technology needs of the organization.
The HCM director role serves as the strategic leader for SCS’ Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS). This role interacts with various business areas and would be a "trusted advisor" to senior IT and business executives. Leading a team of HRIS analysts responsible for configuration, reporting and solutioning, the HRIS Director will work closely with HR process owners to drive continuous improvement by leveraging and optimizing Workday functionality. As a strategic thought partner to HR and to the business, they will apply advanced technical knowledge of Workday and customer-centric thinking to drive adoption, innovation, and customer experience – ensuring our employees and applicants have the best experience possible using Workday.
· Manage requirements gathering, implement, test, deploy and support functionalities within our HCM software(s), benefits, applicant tracking, securities, reporting, data configuration, and absence management.
· Act as HR systems’ configuration expert, partnering closely with points of contact for each of the functional areas.
· Experience managing a large team with global presence
· Identify opportunities for system enhancements and optimization
· Partner with stakeholders to develop business requirements documents, functional specification documents, and test plans.
· Provide guidance and mentorship to a team of HRIS Analysts.
· Educating the broader HR team on system fixes and enhancements.
· Oversight and support of HR systems RFP’s and implementations.
· Run and manage weekly team meetings, prioritize, and monitor project statuses, and foster team unity and collaboration.
· Works with business senior executives to align HR technology solutions with business strategies and contributes to the business unit strategic planning process.
· Advises business executives on the risks and benefits of using HR technologies to build competitive advantage and improve human capital performance
· Leads the demand side of HR governance on behalf of the IT/Enterprise Applications and communicates high-level business requirements to IT functional teams.
· Anticipates business needs and identifies and proposes HR products and services to fulfill those needs.
· Facilitates the planning and execution of HR business needs or changes through the use of technology.
· Works with HR business area and IT leadership to drive strategic business and IT performance metrics, and measures, tracks and reports on benefits realization and customer satisfaction levels.
· Identifies, manages and resolves Workday HR System issues reported by business units as needed.
· Experience in managing/supporting legacy HR applications
· Typically has 5-7 years of HR information systems management experience with a broad range of exposure to various HR environments especially Workday.
· Two or more years of technical experience with the Workday HCM platform.
· Two or more years of experience with project management (Agile/Waterfall).
· Experience in strategic planning, business development or client management.
· Experience leading a team (direct management experience).
· Understanding of the current and emerging technology trends and developments.
· Working knowledge of governance policies and practices.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as an ability to communicate effectively with various levels of executive/staff.
· Solid planning, financial and performance management skills.
· Ability to build strong relationships with various business areas and executives.
· Oversight and support of HR system RFPs and implementations.
· Cross-functional business acumen and ability to be collaborative with varying levels of the organization.
· ATS and analytics exposure preferred.
Your Life and Career at SCS:
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with SCS. We look forward to reviewing your application.
SCS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SCS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
SCS welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.