Director, Risk Management & Insurance
Day in the Life:
A senior insurance and risk management position with authority to make decisions on risk management and insurance coverage issues affecting the organization. Accountable for defining and achieving strategic objectives, ensuring effective risk management for the organization and supervising, leading, and directing stakeholders in compliance with applicable regulations, and strategic imperatives of the organization.
The Salary Range for this position is: $150-$170k
What You Will Do:
● Partner closely with the finance team and insurance brokers to develop and manage the annual risk management and insurance budgets, ensuring that costs are controlled, and resources are allocated efficiently.
● Conduct detailed analysis of insurance policies to determine coverage adequacy, cost-effectiveness, and potential gaps. Optimize insurance portfolios based on analytical findings.
● Coordinate insurance programs and policies with the Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, and Hudson’s Bay business units within the Company.
● Analyze corporate claims handling including property (including cat. risk), civil unrest, cyber, liability, and present potential risks to management.
● Oversee docket of typical personal injury claims against the Company, including premises liability and general liability claims, in strong partnership with Legal.
● Manage relationships with insurance brokers, carriers, adjusters and other external vendors. Evaluate vendor performance and negotiate favorable terms.
● Partner closely with Legal to review all corporate contracts/agreements identify operational and financial risk to the business, and mitigate risk to ensure the Company is protected.
● Accountable for research, identification, collection, analysis, and preparation of annual insurance renewal data and submission of insurance applications to insurance brokers.
● Oversee and support decisions on insurance coverage and premiums for the Company.
● Stay updated on laws and regulations affecting the organization's risk and insurance programs to advise on necessary adjustments to policies and procedures.
● Quarterly financial reporting.
● Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably in relevant discipline
● Certified Risk Manager (CRM) or Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) preferred.
● 10 years Risk Management experience - retail industry preferred.
● Strategic and creative with keen analytical and problem solving skills.
● Ability to manage intense workload with short time frames. Strong multi-tasking skills.
● Decision maker.
● Foster a motivating team spirit with a focus on results.
● Strong understanding of the Company organization and interrelationships with a number of departments at strategic level.
What You Can Expect:
● A fast-moving environment where you will embrace change to ensure the Company is competitive and future forward
● A people-focused culture of belonging where Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are embedded in everything we do
● An opportunity to work with highly supportive teams to help you build the career you want
● A competitive benefits package including Flexible paid time off, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and more
● Work in our downtown NYC headquarters, located at the highly activated Brookfield Place, with direct access to amenities such as an in-office subsidized café, wellness programs and many food options
● An amazing Associate discount of up to 40% off of top brands at all of our retail locations
HBC is a holding company of investments and businesses at the intersection of technology, retail operations and real estate. It is the majority owner of iconic ecommerce companies: Saks, a leading online destination for luxury fashion; The Bay, a Canadian ecommerce marketplace; and Saks OFF 5TH, a premier luxury off-price ecommerce company offering top brands at the best prices. These businesses were established as separate operating companies in 2021. HBC also wholly owns Hudson’s Bay, the operating company for Hudson’s Bay’s brick-and-mortar stores, as well as SFA, the entity that operates Saks Fifth Avenue’s physical locations, and O5, the operating company for Saks OFF 5TH stores.
With assets spanning top markets and prime locations across North America, HBC owns or controls—either entirely or with joint venture partners—approximately 40 million square feet of gross leasable area. HBC Properties and Investments, the Company’s real estate and investments portfolio business, manages these assets along with additional real estate offerings, including Streetworks Development, its property development division.
Founded in 1670, HBC is North America’s longest continually operating company and is headquartered in New York and Toronto. For more information visit: www.hbc.com.
NOTE: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest In HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.