Day in the Life:
Hudson’s Bay Company (HBC) offers a unique opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join as a Director – US Income Tax to manage our US Corporate Income Tax team. The Director – US Income Tax will ensure the accurate and timely preparation and review of the consolidated and separate company federal, foreign, state, and local corporate income tax returns as well as partnership returns, quarterly and annual provisions for income taxes, estimated tax payments, and extension calculations.
This position will assist with IRS and State audits as well as perform research on federal and state tax issues as they arise. The position reports to the Vice President of tax and supervises staff members and external service providers.
The Salary Range for this position is: 170k-200k
What You Will Do:
● Lead the quarterly and annual income tax provision process under ASC740, FIN 48 analysis, valuation allowance, and tax footnote disclosure
● Manage the quarterly federal and state estimated income tax payments and annual extensions
● Prepare and manage annual updates of transfer pricing documentation, ongoing intercompany settlement transactions between the Canadian and US entities, and analysis of and compliance for other cross-border transactions
● Manage special tax projects as assigned
● Manage IDR responses to IRS and state audits
● Manage the staff and oversee their assignments and development
● Drive the automation and process improvement efforts related to tax accounting and tax compliance processes
● Monitor tax legislation, and assess any implications on the existing tax structure and compliance requirements
What You Will Need:
● Bachelor’s Degree in accounting required. CPA and/or Masters in Tax are preferred
● 10+ years in a US corporate and partnership income tax role and preferably have experience working in a Big 4 environment
● Proficiency in US corporate and partnership taxation and in-depth experiences with both US tax compliance concepts and ASC 740
● Must possess excellent interpersonal skills to effectively manage and guide reporting staff
● Strong interpersonal skills to develop relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
● Strong financial acumen and analytical skills
● Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality work with exceptional accuracy within strict deadlines
● Highly developed sense of accountability and drive for results
● Proficient with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint with experience with OneSource and a knowledge of Hyperion a plus
● Must possess excellent communication skills, verbal and written
What You Can Expect:
● A fast-moving environment where you will embrace change to ensure the company is competitive and future-forward
● A People-Focused Culture of belonging where Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are embedded in everything we do
● An opportunity to work with highly supportive teams to help you build the career you want
● A Competitive benefits package including Flexible paid time off, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and more
● Work in our Downtown NYC headquarters, located at the highly activated Brookfield Place, with direct access to amenities such as an in-office subsidized café, wellness programs, and many food options
● An amazing Associate discount of up to 40% off of top brands at all of our retail locations
HBC is a holding company of investments and businesses at the intersection of technology, retail operations, and real estate. It is the majority owner of iconic ecommerce companies: Saks, a leading online destination for luxury fashion; The Bay, a Canadian ecommerce marketplace; and Saks OFF 5TH, a premier luxury off-price ecommerce company offering top brands at the best prices. These businesses were established as separate operating companies in 2021. HBC also wholly owns Hudson’s Bay, the operating company for Hudson’s Bay’s brick-and-mortar stores, as well as SFA, the entity that operates Saks Fifth Avenue’s physical locations, and O5, the operating company for Saks OFF 5TH stores.
With assets spanning top markets and prime locations across North America, HBC owns or controls—either entirely or with joint venture partners—approximately 40 million square feet of gross leasable area. HBC Properties and Investments, the company’s real estate and investments portfolio business, manages these assets along with additional real estate offerings, including Streetworks Development, its property development division.
Founded in 1670, HBC is North America’s longest continually operating company and is headquartered in New York and Toronto. For more information visit: www.hbc.com.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest In HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.