Senior Manager, Internal Audit (12-15 Month Contract)
Day In The Life:
The Senior Manager, Internal Audit will play a strategic role within Internal Audit and will be responsible
for the assessment of Governance and Control Risk for all banners and partially owned entities within the
organization. The Senior Manager will also be responsible for development of the company’s Internal
Controls over the Financial Reporting framework for entities with HBC’s portfolio, as well as for any other
companies being consolidated into our annual financial statements. The Senior Manager is responsible
for ensuring the programs align with the Sarbanes Oxley Act, NI 52-109 as well as in accordance with the
standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors.
The Salary Range for this position is $87,000 - $103,000. If you reside in NYC, the position would require the candidate to work hybrid.
What You Will Do:
- Develop, lead and monitor a culture of high efficiency and growth and provide value added results
and customer oriented audit and consulting services.
- Design, implement and monitor a SOX/ICFR Program plan considering the complexities of HBCx
and all entities that are included in HBC’s audited financial statements.
- Understand and assess the inherent risks, control risks, internal/external environment risks as
well as regulatory risks related to SOX/ICFR key processes or other governance work performed.
- Communicate any exceptions to Banner CFO’s and other Senior Leadership in a clear, concise
and timely manner.
- Liaise with stakeholders within all banners and external stakeholders (e.g. Canadian and US
external auditors) to develop to implement efficiencies and minimize the impact of the various
audits to the business.
- Determine and advise on the impact of changing strategies, tactics, risks and initiatives on audit,
advisory and investigative services. Actively monitor change management initiatives and identity
- Utilize data analytics in advisory engagements to improve quality and efficiencies.
- Lead the IA follow up and remediation of outstanding deficiencies including reporting.
- Develop an awareness of business strategies, policies and standards providing meaningful
insights based upon knowledge and research which will continue to improve the Enterprise
management and control processes.
- Maintain the independence of the audit practice and its personnel.
- Develop insightful discussion points contributing to audit reports that provide fair and balanced
assessment of governance, risk and control processes based on audit work performed.
- Identify control deficiencies and provide a fair and balanced assessment of their magnitude.
What You Will Need:
- University degree
- CPA, CA or CMA designation or equivalent
- Certified Internal Auditor designation (CIA) preferred
- Understanding of applying the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards and practices.
- 8+ years auditing experience
- Experience with publicly listed companies required to comply with Ontario Bill 198 and U.S.
- Demonstrated progressive management and leadership skills
- Demonstrated skills in client relationships, advisory and change management
- Demonstrated leadership skills
What You Can Expect:
- A fast-moving environment where you will embrace change to ensure the company is competitive and future forward
- A People-Focused Culture of belonging where Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are embedded in everything we do.
- An opportunity to work with highly supportive teams to help you build the career you want
- A Competitive benefits package including Flexible paid time off, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and more
- Work in our Downtown NYC headquarters, located at the highly activated Brookfield Place, with direct access to amenities such as a in-office subsidized café, wellness programs and many food options
- An amazing Associate discount of up to 40% off of top brands at all of our retail locations
HBC is a holding company of investments and businesses at the intersection of technology, retail operations and real estate. It is the majority owner of iconic ecommerce companies: Saks, a leading online destination for luxury fashion; The Bay, a Canadian ecommerce marketplace; and Saks OFF 5TH, a premier luxury off-price ecommerce company offering top brands at the best prices. These businesses were established as separate operating companies in 2021. HBC also wholly owns Hudson’s Bay, the operating company for Hudson’s Bay’s brick-and-mortar stores, as well as SFA, the entity that operates Saks Fifth Avenue’s physical locations, and O5, the operating company for Saks OFF 5TH stores.
With assets spanning top markets and prime locations across North America, HBC owns or controls—either entirely or with joint venture partners—approximately 40 million square feet of gross leasable area. HBC Properties and Investments, the company’s real estate and investments portfolio business, manages these assets along with additional real estate offerings, including Streetworks Development, its property development division.
Founded in 1670, HBC is North America’s longest continually operating company and is headquartered in New York and Toronto. For more information visit: www.hbc.com.
NOTE: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest In HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.