Manager, Internal Audit
Day In The Life:
The Manager, Internal Audit will be accountable for leading assigned assurance and consulting engagements or executing assigned parts thereof with the primary focus of evaluating and improving the effectiveness of HBC’s risk management, control and governance processes. This role will interact directly with stakeholders at HBC and provide a high level of professional service in line with the Institute of Internal Auditors’ Standards. In addition, the Manager Internal Auditor will be required to assist in the completion of the company’s annual internal controls over financial reporting program as needed.
What You Will Do:
- Leads assigned assurance and consulting engagements or executes assigned parts thereof. Plans the objectives and scope for assigned assurance and consulting engagements using a risk-based approach
- Design and develop risk-based audit programs and related procedures for such areas to address the objectives
- Completes files within time budgets and target dates, and/or reviews peer or work to ensure sufficient work was completed and evidence obtained to meet the objectives of the engagement
- Investigates audit observations to identify root causes of control deficiencies.
- Writes concise, risk-focused reports with practical recommendations
- Communicates with and engages stakeholders in a diplomatic and tactful manner, in discussions of audit observations, risks and recommendations
- Ensures open communication with other members of the Internal Audit department, as well as other employees, members of management, risk, and other organizational partners, in the areas of risk management, governance, regulatory compliance, and internal policies/procedures
- Assist with ICFR program or other ad-hoc requests as required
- Utilizing data analytics where beneficial
- Maintain IIA Standard and Strong Client Relationships
- Maintains the independence of the audit practice and its personnel
- Ensures that all audit procedures executed are conducted in accordance to IIA requirements
What You Will Need:
- University degree
- CPA designation preferred
- 4+ years auditing experience
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation would be an asset
- Understanding of applying the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards and practices
- Demonstrated skills in client relationships, advisory and change management
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
What You Can Expect:
- A fast-moving environment where you will embrace change to ensure the company is competitive and future forward
- A People-first culture where Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are celebrated and promoted at every step of the way
- An opportunity to work with highly supportive teams to help you build the career you want
- A Competitive benefits package including Flexible paid time off, medical, dental, vision, retirement savings and more
- An agile hybrid work environment that facilitates agility and collaboration.
- An amazing Associate discount of up to 40% off of top brands at all of our retail locations
HBC is a holding company of investments and businesses at the intersection of technology, retail operations and real estate. It is the majority owner of iconic ecommerce companies: Saks, a leading online destination for luxury fashion; The Bay, a Canadian ecommerce marketplace; and Saks OFF 5TH, a premier luxury off-price ecommerce company offering top brands at the best prices. These businesses were established as separate operating companies in 2021. HBC also wholly owns Hudson’s Bay, the operating company for Hudson’s Bay’s brick-and-mortar stores, as well as SFA, the entity that operates Saks Fifth Avenue’s physical locations, and O5, the operating company for Saks OFF 5TH stores.
With assets spanning top markets and prime locations across North America, HBC owns or controls—either entirely or with joint venture partners—approximately 40 million square feet of gross leasable area. HBC Properties and Investments, the company’s real estate and investments portfolio business, manages these assets along with additional real estate offerings, including Streetworks Development, its property development division.
Founded in 1670, HBC is North America’s longest continually operating company and is headquartered in New York and Toronto. For more information visit: www.hbc.com.
Interested in Social Media?
Follow us on LinkedIn
NOTE: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Thank you for your interest In HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.