[Director or Associate], Corporate Development
Day In The Life:
HBC Properties and Investments, HBC’s dedicated real estate and investments business, manages, maximizes and enhances the company’s robust portfolio of assets.
The [Associate or Director], Corporate Development will report to the Divisional Vice President, Corporate Development. The individual in this role will be responsible for executing Corporate Development activities such as M&A, Investments, Partnerships, and New Business Strategy.
The ideal candidate is a flexible self-starter with experience working with senior executives.
The Salary Range for this position is $125,000 - $160,000
What You Will Do:
- New Business Development Strategy:
- Research areas of interest and identify opportunities to create new business plans that help support HBC portfolio companies
- Create financial models & presentations for executives and the board to support new business plans
- M&A, Investments & Partnerships:
- Participate in all stages of the transaction process, including research / sourcing, structuring/valuation, due diligence, negotiation and integration
- Partner with third party advisors such as accountants, tax experts, consultants and lawyers, as needed
- Prepare presentations for internal investment committees, the board and outside investors
- Support financial modeling and analysis, including developing business projections and assessing capital structures
- Assess long- and short-term risk, develop plans to mitigate risks
- Portfolio Company Support:
- Support ongoing management of portfolio company integration on an as needed basis
- Assist with other ad hoc projects
What You Will Need:
- 4+ years of experience in high-impact Consulting, Corporate Development, Strategy and/or Business Development roles
- Proven experience project managing internal and external stakeholders
- Expert ability in creating compelling presentations
- Strong ability in building financial models & analyzing data (e.g., Advanced Excel, SQL, etc.)
- Extremely high attention to detail; Highly organized and capable of balancing multiple priorities
- Strong communication skills, can present information succinctly to executive-level stakeholders
- Able to effectively build relationships and trust with internal and external stakeholders, both at junior and senior levels
- Strong digital acumen, ability to navigate technology and innovation
- Strong ability to think both strategically and tactfully; problem-solving capabilities
- Self-starter - reliable, focused, with the ability to consistently meet goals and deadlines; excels under pressure and in growth environments
- Expert-level proficiency in Excel/Google Sheets and Powerpoint/Google Slides
- Proficiency in collaboration tools (e.g., Google G-Suite, Monday.com, etc.)
What You Can Expect:
- A fast-moving environment where you will embrace change to ensure the company is competitive and future forward
- A People-first culture where Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are celebrated and promoted at every step of the way
- An opportunity to work with highly supportive teams to help you build the career you want
- A Competitive benefits package including Flexible paid time off, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and more
- Work in our Downtown NYC headquarters, located at the highly activated Brookfield Place, with direct access to amenities such as a in-office subsidized café, wellness programs and many food options
- An amazing Associate discount of up to 40% off of top brands at all of our retail locations
HBC is a holding company of investments and businesses at the intersection of technology, retail operations and real estate. It is the majority owner of iconic ecommerce companies: Saks, a leading online destination for luxury fashion; The Bay, a Canadian ecommerce marketplace; and Saks OFF 5TH, a premier luxury off-price ecommerce company offering top brands at the best prices. These businesses were established as separate operating companies in 2021. HBC also wholly owns Hudson’s Bay, the operating company for Hudson’s Bay’s brick-and-mortar stores, as well as SFA, the entity that operates Saks Fifth Avenue’s physical locations, and O5, the operating company for Saks OFF 5TH stores.
With assets spanning top markets and prime locations across North America, HBC owns or controls—either entirely or with joint venture partners—approximately 40 million square feet of gross leasable area. HBC Properties and Investments, the company’s real estate and investments portfolio business, manages these assets along with additional real estate offerings, including Streetworks Development, its property development division.
Founded in 1670, HBC is North America’s longest continually operating company and is headquartered in New York and Toronto. For more information visit: www.hbc.com.
Interested in Social Media?
Follow us on LinkedIn
NOTE: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest In HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.