Analyst, Accounts Payable Payments
Day In The Life:
The Accounts Payable Payment Analyst supports HBC’s Accounts Payables payment processes to ensure all vendor payments are completed accurately and on time within company policy. The incumbent will be responsible for handling all payments related transactions and reconciliations, including preparation and review of journal entries, cash forecasts and account reconciliations as part of the period end close process, and in assisting in the resolution of any payment related inquires.
What You Will Do:
- Support Period-end close activities for the Expense Payables team
- Prepare reviews / reconciliations as part of period end close
- Support the external and internal audit process
- Execution of Payment Processing:
- Managing the daily / weekly payment run process for all banners including cheque, EFT, e-payables, and Wire Transfer payments to the vendors internally and externally.
- Protecting the assets of the company by ensuring that policies and procedures pertaining to the approvals and vendor deductions are clearly defined and communicated and are followed by associates.
- Provide support to our internal key stakeholders including Store Ops, Facilities, Treasury, Tax, Legal, FP&A, etc.
- Reporting and KPIs
- Preparation of cash forecasts and related reporting
- Provide KPI / dashboard reporting for the expense AP function
What You Will Need:
What You Can Expect:
- A fast-moving environment where you will embrace change to ensure the company is competitive and future forward
- A People-first culture where Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are celebrated and promoted at every step of the way
- An opportunity to work with highly supportive teams to help you build the career you want
- A Competitive benefits package including Flexible paid time off, medical, dental, vision, retirement savings and more
- An agile hybrid work environment that facilitates agility and collaboration.
- An amazing Associate discount of up to 40% off of top brands at all of our retail locations
HBC is a holding company of investments and businesses at the intersection of technology, retail operations and real estate. It is the majority owner of iconic ecommerce companies: Saks, a leading online destination for luxury fashion; The Bay, a Canadian ecommerce marketplace; and Saks OFF 5TH, a premier luxury off-price ecommerce company offering top brands at the best prices. These businesses were established as separate operating companies in 2021. HBC also wholly owns Hudson’s Bay, the operating company for Hudson’s Bay’s brick-and-mortar stores, as well as SFA, the entity that operates Saks Fifth Avenue’s physical locations, and O5, the operating company for Saks OFF 5TH stores.
With assets spanning top markets and prime locations across North America, HBC owns or controls—either entirely or with joint venture partners—approximately 40 million square feet of gross leasable area. HBC Properties and Investments, the company’s real estate and investments portfolio business, manages these assets along with additional real estate offerings, including Streetworks Development, its property development division.
Founded in 1670, HBC is North America’s longest continually operating company and is headquartered in New York and Toronto. For more information visit: www.hbc.com.
Interested in Social Media?
Follow us on LinkedIn
NOTE: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Thank you for your interest In HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.