Sr. Network Security Engineer
Day in the Life:
The Senior Security Engineer will help define, build and support security solutions. You will be working with a strong team to help transform the way systems are built, secured, authorized and securely operated for continuous compliance and risk mitigation; partnering with other engineers, legal, and compliance leaders to prioritize various requirements and define solutions that secure our product without sacrificing velocity. Specifically, you will help lead efforts to exploit security patterns and practices with orchestration and automation tools to automate the secure configuration, verification, compliance and authorization of systems. They will be a member of a team with experience maturing organizations software development and security practices. You will be a security champion with experience maturing organizations software development and security practices, who will make data-driven decisions to steer the security posture of the company.
The Salary Range for this position is: $130,000 to $150,000, annually
What You Will Do:
● Firewall upgrades, rule additions and modifications
● Assist in gathering artifacts for PCI Audit
● Build and support solutions to solve security concerns
● Own and operate all security platforms
● Work with other teams to champion best security practices
● Help teams help themselves by making security "automatic"
● Work with stakeholders across the company to ensure security and compliance needs are able to easily meet requirements
● Recognize emerging threats and build solutions to mitigate them proactively
What You Will Need:
● 5+ years working as a Security Engineer, building solutions at a company with an internet facing presence
● Technical certifications preferred such as MCSA, CCNA/E, PCNSA, Fortinet NSE1/2.
● Cyber Security related qualification(s) preferred such as CISSP, CISM, CCSP, GIAC, etc
● Highly technically competent: deep experience with AWS or Azure (i.e. creating secure landing zones, best practices, etc.)
● Hands-on experience with at least 4 of: Palo Alto, Fortinet, Fortigate, Cisco ASA, Fortinet, Cisco ACS, Tufin, ZScaler, MFA technologies, Forescout, Forcepoint, and Carbon Black.
● Expert knowledge of Linux or Windows operating systems.
● Knowledge and experience with compliance frameworks (PCI, SOC2, ISO 27001, SOX, and GDPR)
● Extensive experience managing firewalls on-prem and in the cloud
● Experience in researching emerging threats, to always be two steps ahead
● Scripting experience to automate management of security infrastructure
● Knowledge of compliance requirements and translating them to security solutions
● Ability to work independently and lead small group initiatives
● Experience managing projects end-to-end
● Related work experience as an SRE, DevOps Engineer, etc.
What You Can Expect:
● A fast-moving environment where you will embrace change to ensure the company is competitive and future forward
● A People-first culture where Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are celebrated and promoted at every step of the way
● An opportunity to work with highly supportive teams to help you build the career you want
● A Competitive benefits package including flexible paid time off, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and more
● Work in our Downtown NYC headquarters, located at the highly activated Brookfield Place, with direct access to amenities such as a in-office subsidized café, wellness programs and many food options
● An amazing Associate discount of up to 40% off of top brands at all of our retail locations
HBC is a holding company of investments and businesses at the intersection of technology, retail operations and real estate. It is the majority owner of iconic ecommerce companies: Saks, a leading online destination for luxury fashion; The Bay, a Canadian ecommerce marketplace; and Saks OFF 5TH, a premier luxury off-price ecommerce company offering top brands at the best prices. These businesses were established as separate operating companies in 2021. HBC also wholly owns Hudson’s Bay, the operating company for Hudson’s Bay’s brick-and-mortar stores, as well as SFA, the entity that operates Saks Fifth Avenue’s physical locations, and O5, the operating company for Saks OFF 5TH stores.
With assets spanning top markets and prime locations across North America, HBC owns or controls—either entirely or with joint venture partners—approximately 40 million square feet of gross leasable area. HBC Properties and Investments, the company’s real estate and investments portfolio business, manages these assets along with additional real estate offerings, including Streetworks Development, its property development division.
Founded in 1670, HBC is North America’s longest continually operating company and is headquartered in New York and Toronto. For more information visit: www.hbc.com.
Interested in Social Media?
Follow us on LinkedIn
NOTE: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.