Intern - PXSC
What This Position is All About
The Summer Internship Program is designed to provide current second and third year university students with direct work experience in a specific field and department and learn about HBC and our culture. During the internship program, participants will be paired with a supervisor who will provide them with on-the-job work experience and projects. This program also incorporates an additional learning component that brings participants together throughout the summer to receive classroom training that focuses on providing professional development, exposure to different functional areas and an opportunity to interact with senior executives. In addition to working and training in a specific area, participants will work on a team project designed to address a current company initiative. Our internship program culminates with the team's project presentation to a panel of senior executives.
Who You Are:
- You have a strong interest and ability in chosen focus area
- Generates a variety of approaches to problem solving including new and novel ideas.
- Constantly looking for opportunity to improve the way things are done.
- Willing to take calculated risks when necessary, an out of the box thinker that shines in brainstorming sessions.
- A natural problem-solver, who is also intuitively analytical and creative
- You get things done by engaging in high level teamwork and flexing your interpersonal skills
- You have a strong interest and ability in financial analysis
- You are assertive, willing to take risks, and goal oriented, with an innovative mindset
- You have an ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks to achieve productivity and business goals
You also have:
- Must be in your second or third year of a four year Bachelor's Degree program from an accredited university
- Must be available to start Summer 2019
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint a must
As the Summer Intern, you will:
- Partner with buyers and planners in managing a profitable business in a fast paced, deadline driven, detail oriented environment with the objective of increasing sales and earnings for the company
- Assist with in-season management by actively monitoring Automatic Replenishment, Buyer Managed Inventory and Central Stock
- Learn how to set financial targets and forecast overall department Sales $, GM% and Inventory Turns that fit the brand identity
- Assist buyers and planners with financial performance management, inventory management and merchandise distribution
- Conceptualize and work with team to execute on advertising and marketing strategies
- Assist in vendor negotiations
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.