Project Ambassador | Streetworks Development
Day In The Life:
The Project Ambassador is the local go-to person for one of the area’s most transformative projects in a generation located in Westfield, New Jersey.
The Project Ambassador will welcome Westfield Preview Center (WPC) visitors, engage with prospective tenants, and ensure that the public receives critical information before the development project starts. A successful Project Ambassador is comfortable giving tours, both in person or virtual and operates the day-to-day of the Project Preview Center.
Project Ambassadors are educators first and must enjoy fielding a diverse number of questions. They must effectively communicate with residents, visitors, and key municipal stakeholders. They must thoroughly understand the resource materials presented within the WPC. Project Ambassadors will receive a comprehensive development project orientation.
An essential aspect of this role is capturing visitor impressions and commentary and communicating them back to the senior project team. Project Ambassadors at WPC are friendly, skilled communicators that provide premier customer service and genuinely want what is best for residents and future residents.
What You Will Do:
- Welcome and greet tenants, guests, visitors, and development senior leadership to the WPC.
- Convey knowledge and excitement about the Westfield project (via onsite tours) with those who inquire regarding the building, neighborhood, or Westfield development project. Understand the complexity of the project and the apply messaging appropriate for each of the various visitor types
- Recognize and greet community leadership and senior project management at the WPC. Provide wayfinding details to guests and visitors. Host scheduled and impromptu groups
- Determine and execute meeting room configurations appropriate for various visitor groups; monitor WPC general maintenance upkeep
- Conduct customer experience surveys and interviews, capture and convey the results/findings
What You Will Need:
- College Degree, required
- 2+ Years of service and/or sales experience
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills both written and verbal, required
- Office Administration / Management Skills, required
- Working knowledge of social media channels, required
- Working proficiency in managing digital Calendar software, Microsoft Office Suite of applications and Presentation OS.
- Hospitality/Sales background, ideal but not required
- Licensed Real Estate Agent, ideal but not required
What You Can Expect:
- A fast-moving environment where you will embrace change to ensure the company is competitive and future forward
- A People-first culture where Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are celebrated and promoted at every step of the way
- An opportunity to work with highly supportive teams to help you build the career you want
- An amazing Associate discount of up to 40% off of top brands at all of our retail locations
HBC is a holding company of investments and businesses at the intersection of technology, retail operations and real estate.
It is the majority owner of iconic ecommerce companies: Saks, a leading online destination for luxury fashion, and Saks OFF 5TH, a premier luxury off-price ecommerce company offering top brands at the best prices. Both businesses were established as separate operating companies in 2021. HBC also wholly owns Hudson’s Bay, Canada’s preeminent multi-category retailer, as well as SFA, the entity that operates Saks Fifth Avenue’s physical locations, and O5, the operating company for Saks OFF 5TH stores.
With assets spanning top markets and prime locations across North America, HBC owns or controls — either entirely or with joint venture partners — approximately 40 million square feet of gross leasable area. HBC Properties and Investments, the company’s real estate and investments portfolio business, manages these assets along with additional real estate offerings, including Streetworks Development, its property development division.
Founded in 1670, HBC is North America’s longest continually operating company and is headquartered in New York and Toronto.
Interested in Social Media?
NOTE: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest In HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.