VP, Supply Chain Optimization & Inventory Planning
Day In The Life:
The Vice President, Supply Chain Optimization & Inventory Planning for Saks OFF 5TH ecommerce team will be a dynamic supply chain leader who is passionate about driving great results while developing great teams. The ideal candidate will understand the complexities of supply chain planning across North America and can design an effective organization to run the business. This leader will bring enterprise level thinking to supply chain organizations and has a track record of leading large cross-functional initiatives through strong collaboration, quality & timely decision making and change management. Described as a "general athlete" who can effectively lead across the holistic supply chain.
This is a leadership role in overseeing and managing the development and implementation of high priority strategic business initiatives; and the candidate must be able to oversee the North American strategy development. He/she must have strong business acumen and be able to lead and influence individuals and teams, while driving results through teamwork and collaboration.
What You Will Do:
- Responsible to define our network strategy to balance capacity, speed, service and cost
- Build a roadmap to lead S&OP to drive visibility to trade-off decisions (i.e. Store Ship vs. DC ship vs. Drop Ship) and implications both inside of supply chain and across the enterprise. Focus will be based on costs, delivery timelines and avoidance of inventory obsolescence
- Lead Company initiatives to reduce logistics and transportation costs
- Streamline end-to-end customer order pipeline and provide fastest speed, reliable promise to our customers, as well as optimize outbound fulfillment network efficiency that contribute to overall cost saving
- Inbound Supply Chain operations including, offshore origin operations and all ancillary inbound transportation modes inclusive of airfreight, courier, transload, less-than-container-loads
- Design typology for DC and stores, optimize inventory allocation and improve inventory healthy to improve customer experience and cost
- Partner with external executives and functional department managers of both merchandise and logistics vendors to optimize end-to-end transportation and supply chain flow
- Provide direction to resolve key tactical, strategic sourcing, operational, and flow issues.
- Develop risk mitigation strategies for key groups and departments.
- Oversee all third party distribution centers across Canada and the United States
(FTL/LTL/rail/small parcel), third party cross docks and inbound fleet operations inclusive of reverse logistics transportation
- Responsible for creating budgets and reporting weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually on financial performance and forecasts.
What You Will Need:
- Over 20 years experience in broad global supply chain knowledge in inventory planning, fulfillment, and logistics.
- 5+ years on international supply chain expansion, global operation capability setup, and cross-border solution development.
- Successfully driven global inventory management systems into emerging markets.
- 15+ years experience on Supply Chain Technical solutions, including Supply Chain Optimization model (e.g. Operation Research Algorithm) and architecture, as well as traditional ERP (SAP R3/Oracle EBS R11)
- Successfully develop strategic plans, with the support of the leadership team to drive business results
- Proven ability to inspire, collaborate with internal teams of cross-functional departments within logistics, merchandising, planning, global sourcing, stores operations, finance and IT to support and establish strategic objectives.
- Proven ability to navigate and succeed in a highly matrixed organization
- Strong critical thinking and decision making skills
- Proven ability to analyze data and develop actionable insights
What You Can Expect:
- A fast-moving environment where you will embrace change to ensure the company is competitive and future forward
- A People-first culture where Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are celebrated and promoted at every step of the way
- An opportunity to work with highly supportive teams to help you build the career you want
- A Competitive benefits package including Flexible paid time off, medical, dental, vision, retirement savings and more
- An agile hybrid work environment that facilitates agility and collaboration.
HBC is a holding company of investments and businesses at the intersection of technology, retail operations and real estate. It is the majority owner of iconic ecommerce companies: Saks, a leading online destination for luxury fashion; The Bay, a Canadian ecommerce marketplace; and Saks OFF 5TH, a premier luxury off-price ecommerce company offering top brands at the best prices. These businesses were established as separate operating companies in 2021. HBC also wholly owns Hudson’s Bay, the operating company for Hudson’s Bay’s brick-and-mortar stores, as well as SFA, the entity that operates Saks Fifth Avenue’s physical locations, and O5, the operating company for Saks OFF 5TH stores.
With assets spanning top markets and prime locations across North America, HBC owns or controls—either entirely or with joint venture partners—approximately 40 million square feet of gross leasable area. HBC Properties and Investments, the company’s real estate and investments portfolio business, manages these assets along with additional real estate offerings, including Streetworks Development, its property development division.
Founded in 1670, HBC is North America’s longest continually operating company and is headquartered in New York and Toronto. For more information visit: www.hbc.com.
Interested in Social Media?
Follow us on LinkedIn
NOTE: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest In HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.