Director, Pre-Construction | Streetworks
Day In The Life:
The Streetworks Development team manages the development process from inception through the delivery of each project. Team members have a penchant for complex problem solving, working in fast-paced, ever-changing environments, and have a strong passion for working with people.
Reporting to the VP of Construction, the Director of Pre-Construction will manage the pre-construction projects efforts including oversight of consultants team by developing preliminary budgets, analyzing sites and work scopes, providing due diligence, assisting in entitlements, and managing the pre-construction/development process.
What You Will Do:
- Support the VP of Construction by providing required reports to support the entitlement and construction efforts including but not limited to:
- Commission and report on existing conditions
- Commission and report on environmental & ACM studies
- Commission and report on Geotech studies
- Commission civil and topographic surveys
- Prepare and develop internal and external cost estimates at each design phase
- Research and prepare tenant fit out estimates
- Source and solicit bids for owner provided long-lead items in partnership with the construction team
- Prepare value-engineering studies
- Prepare preliminary project schedules
- Commission and prepare Lease Outline Drawings documents to support the leasing efforts
- Maintain the estimating cost data base, track past and historical pricing
- Partner in the bidding process, scheduling, and the qualifications of the bids
- Attend internal/external project meetings
- Conduct research on various new products as well as resources to improve departmental efficiency
What You Will Need:
- Degree in Engineering or Construction Management
- 5-8 years related pre-construction and management experience
- Fundamental ability to budget and schedule projects
- Working knowledge of all construction trades with an understanding of cost of construction by category
- Experience in managing people and contractors
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and project coordination skills
- Microsoft Office Suite & MS Project
- Strong relationship building skills
- Ability influence others
- Excellent attention to detail
What You Can Expect:
- A fast-moving environment where you will embrace change to ensure the company is competitive and future forward
- A People-first culture where Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are celebrated and promoted at every step of the way
- An opportunity to work with highly supportive teams to help you build the career you want
- A Competitive benefits package including Flexible paid time off, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and more
- Work in our Downtown NYC headquarters, located at the highly activated Brookfield Place, with direct access to amenities such as a in-office subsidized café, wellness programs and many food options
- An amazing Associate discount of up to 40% off of top brands at all of our retail locations
HBC is a holding company of investments and businesses at the intersection of technology, retail operations and real estate.
It is the majority owner of iconic ecommerce companies: Saks, a leading online destination for luxury fashion, and Saks OFF 5TH, a premier luxury off-price ecommerce company offering top brands at the best prices. Both businesses were established as separate operating companies in 2021. HBC also wholly owns Hudson’s Bay, Canada’s preeminent multi-category retailer, as well as SFA, the entity that operates Saks Fifth Avenue’s physical locations, and O5, the operating company for Saks OFF 5TH stores.
With assets spanning top markets and prime locations across North America, HBC owns or controls — either entirely or with joint venture partners — approximately 40 million square feet of gross leasable area. HBC Properties and Investments, the company’s real estate and investments portfolio business, manages these assets along with additional real estate offerings, including Streetworks Development, its property development division.
Founded in 1670, HBC is North America’s longest continually operating company and is headquartered in New York and Toronto.
Interested in Social Media?
NOTE: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The Bay welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.