Executive Assistant/Chief of Staff
Day in the Life:
This Executive Assistant/Chief of Staff position supports the COO of HBC Properties & Investments and their team. The EA will be responsible for providing comprehensive support by managing schedules, travel, expenses and other administrative projects. This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, act quickly and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
This role is based in our Brookfield Place offices in downtown Manhattan and will be required to work in person up to 4-5 days per week.
What You Will Do:
- Scheduling, Travel & Logistics: Provide sophisticated calendar management for the executive and their team, including scheduling meetings; drafting agendas; developing, compiling, and distributing presentation materials; manage domestic and international travel logistics. Coordinate team meetings and assist with staff meetings and events as needed. Anticipate and act on last minute changes.
- Administrative Coordination: Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks on behalf of the executive and their team. This includes accurately and efficiently: assisting with special projects; collecting and preparing information for meetings with internal staff and outside parties; composing and preparing correspondence; maintaining contact lists; making travel arrangements and completing expense reports.
- Report & Presentation Creation: Design and produce complex documents, reports and presentations for senior stakeholders.
- Prioritization & Troubleshooting: Prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts; make judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
- Contract Management: Coordinate with the legal department and outside parties to process contracts for comments and signature.
- Gatekeeping: Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the executive, including those of a highly confidential or critical nature. Prioritize and determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response, exercising judgment to reflect the Company’s style and policies.
- Relationship Building: Cultivate ongoing relationships inside the organization with key stakeholders (e.g., EAs, Human Resources, IT, etc.).
- Hospitality Mindset: Provide hospitality to all guests and help to create a welcoming environment.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Work tenure: three to five years of experience supporting C-Level Executives
- Expert proficiency with Google Suite (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Sheets) and Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
- High degree of comfort in learning new technology, software and systems
- Ability to design and edit presentations and other material
- Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, senior executives, staff, community leaders, and business partners
- Make appropriate, informed decisions regarding priorities and available time
- Ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little or no guidance
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround
- Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
- Excellent judgment is essential
- Ability to switch priorities and direction at a moment’s notice
What You Can Expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Associate discount including top brands
- Flexible work environment that allows for work-life balance
HBC is a holding company of investments and businesses at the intersection of technology, retail operations and real estate.
It is the majority owner of iconic ecommerce companies: Saks, a leading online destination for luxury fashion, and Saks OFF 5TH, a premier luxury off-price ecommerce company offering top brands at the best prices. Both businesses were established as separate operating companies in 2021. HBC also wholly owns Hudson’s Bay, Canada’s preeminent multi-category retailer, as well as SFA, the entity that operates Saks Fifth Avenue’s physical locations, and O5, the operating company for Saks OFF 5TH stores.
With assets spanning top markets and prime locations across North America, HBC owns or controls — either entirely or with joint venture partners — approximately 40 million square feet of gross leasable area. HBC Properties and Investments, the company’s real estate and investments portfolio business, manages these assets along with additional real estate offerings, including Streetworks Development, its property development division.
Founded in 1670, HBC is North America’s longest continually operating company and is headquartered in New York and Toronto.
Interested in Social Media?
Thank you for your interest In HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.