VP, Cloud Platform Architecture, Engineering & Operations
Day In The Life:
The Vice-President, Cloud Platform Architecture, Engineering & Operations will be a strategic leader and business partner to achieve the Company’s vision for Cloud infrastructure for a complex company of investments and businesses at the intersection of technology, retail operations, and real estate. This position will have a critical role in all aspects of implementations and business development initiatives, along with oversight of the day-to-day operations, change management and incident resolution.
What You Will Do:
- Provide overall direction to a team of SMEs for applications within the Cloud Platforms portfolio.
- Oversee all daily aspects of Infrastructure Team responsible for the Day to Day operations and implementation of infrastructure technology services and solutions.
- Budgeting for multiple opex projects, including monitoring and controlling costs.
- Identifying, training and developing leaders within the team and setting them on a path for management
- Manage a diverse range of ad hoc projects as needed, ranging from large-scale implementations to business development initiatives.
- Implementing and improving monitoring-alerting with speed error detection & remediation, enhancing reliability, and making self-healing systems.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to identify and communicate the need for technology improvements and product innovation to improve overall operational Costs.
- Defines application components, platforms, interfaces, and development tools
- Participates in the evaluation and implementation of vendor application software and tools.
- Provides technical guidance to cross-functional, cross-platform application development teams.
- Consults on integration and conversion activities, experiences and considerations.
- Participates in mapping the technology-independent applications architecture to the chosen technology platform.
- Conducts reviews and analyses organizational needs to make recommendations regarding the development and implementation of applications.
- Oversee all of infrastructure management - data warehousing, production systems, business applications, databases, and cloud systems
- Liaise with Business Partners to understand and incorporate various needs and strategies into the Cloud activities and Operational partnership.
- Define and prepare overall status and activity metrics that document and track delivery of IT services, planned and unplanned system outages, and other key IT performance metrics.
- Actively participates in long-range strategy planning and manages policy development to address complex business issues, provides leadership to cross-functional teams.
- Perform as a key contributor to the development of Technology departmental strategies to align with the overall business and corporate stragies.
- Establish and implement 'best-practice' standards and procedures; maintain a culture of best-in-class performance.
- Manage incident resolution within the environment, facilitating collaboration among other infrastructure and application support teams as required.
What You Will Need:
- 10 years plus of technical experience, including a minimum of 5 years in a leadership capacity, with a focus on building and leading highly technical teams.
- Bachelor or Technical degree in a 4-year program, or additional relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to bring people across teams together to resolve complex issues in a productive and solution-oriented dialogue.
- Highly analytical and adept at turning analysis into resolution – an innovator.
- Builds trust and influence through collaboration and shared vision.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the agility to present information to a variety of business partners and levels.
- Identifies and communicates personal development and growth goals for self and inspires their team to do the same – focus on a culture of learning and team development.
- Advanced understanding of Linux.
- Experience with CDN technologies such as Akamai and CloudFlare
- Escalate Retail platform expertise or other comparable technology.
- Functional knowledge of application clustering technologies like WebLogic, JBOSS.
- Experience in APACHE, NGINX, Weblogic and IIS.
- Advanced understanding of Apache Web server and Nginx application server
- Proficiency in installation, configuration and build of Red Hat Enterprise Server or compatible Linux distributions.
- Experience supporting systems such as Oracle RAC on a SA level.
- Familiar with JAVA / JVM application servers at a high level.
- Hardware management include stacking and racking.
- Knowledge of content caching technology such as Nginx, Zing, and Akamai.
- Familiar with performance and monitoring tool such as ELK, Splunk, Nagios, Solarwinds, NewRelic, DataDog
What You Can Expect:
- A fast-moving environment where you will embrace change to ensure the company is competitive and future forward
- A People-first culture where Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are celebrated and promoted at every step of the way
- An opportunity to work with highly supportive teams to help you build the career you want
- A Competitive benefits package including Flexible paid time off, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and more
- An agile hybrid work environment that facilitates agility and collaboration.
- An amazing Associate discount of up to 40% off of top brands at all of our retail locations
HBC is a holding company of investments and businesses at the intersection of technology, retail operations and real estate. It is the majority owner of iconic ecommerce companies: Saks, a leading online destination for luxury fashion; The Bay, a Canadian ecommerce marketplace; and Saks OFF 5TH, a premier luxury off-price ecommerce company offering top brands at the best prices. These businesses were established as separate operating companies in 2021. HBC also wholly owns Hudson’s Bay, the operating company for Hudson’s Bay’s brick-and-mortar stores, as well as SFA, the entity that operates Saks Fifth Avenue’s physical locations, and O5, the operating company for Saks OFF 5TH stores.
With assets spanning top markets and prime locations across North America, HBC owns or controls—either entirely or with joint venture partners—approximately 40 million square feet of gross leasable area. HBC Properties and Investments, the company’s real estate and investments portfolio business, manages these assets along with additional real estate offerings, including Streetworks Development, its property development division.
Founded in 1670, HBC is North America’s longest continually operating company and is headquartered in New York and Toronto. For more information visit: www.hbc.com.