Senior Financial Analyst, Merchandise Accounting
Day In The Life:
The Senior Financial Analyst, Merchandise Accounting supports the banner accounting and finance processes as it relates to licensee, consignment, 3-way match and other payables accounting processes to ensure all monthly and quarterly functions are completed accurately and on time within company policy.
What You Will Do:
- Support the month end close process to ensure accurate and timely financial statements
- Review weekly, monthly, and quarterly journal entries, account reconciliations, and variance analysis
- Supervise an offshore team performing licensee, consignment and other merchandise accounts payable accounting functions for store and corporate operations
- Liaise with other business units within the organization on accounting issues ie. resolving open items with Accounts Payable, Treasury, Payroll, Sales audit etc.
- Review and approve Balance Sheet account reconciliations
- Performs data analysis to create and produce reports to support business needs
- Provide support for internal and external audit queries
- Champion timely resolution of issues identified with various internal teams (FP&A, Treasury, Tax, Legal, etc.)
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis as required
- Special projects, as required
What You Will Need:
- Professional accounting designation (CPA) or currently in progress
- University Degree in Business or Accounting
- Exposure to audits (experience in internal audit, working with external auditors, identifying process and control improvements etc.)
- 3-5 years’ experience in an accounting function
- Strong experience with large amounts of data.
- Ability to use multiple applications (Oracle Fusion, Hyperion, Smartview, and adhoc systems).
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Highly driven and results oriented individual
- Strong analytical, financial and quantitative skills
- Strong Excel skills; proficient in Microsoft Office
- Good communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with associates across numerous departments
- Must be able to work independently and meet deadlines
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks at any given time
What You Can Expect:
- A People-first culture where One Team spirit and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are celebrated and promoted at every step of the way
- An opportunity to work with highly supportive teams to help you build the career you want and leave your Stripe at The Bay
- A competitive benefits package including unlimited paid vacation, medical, dental, vision, parental leave top up coverages, retirement savings and more
- A ways of Working Program that enables you to work where you are most effective
- A living Well Program that provides a variety of offerings and resources to enhance your physical, mental, and financial wellness, including corporate gym membership rates.
- An amazing associate discount of up to 40% off top brands
HBC is a holding company of investments and businesses at the intersection of technology, retail operations and real estate.
It is the majority owner of iconic ecommerce companies: Saks, a leading online destination for luxury fashion, and Saks OFF 5TH, a premier luxury off-price ecommerce company offering top brands at the best prices. Both businesses were established as separate operating companies in 2021. HBC also wholly owns Hudson’s Bay, Canada’s preeminent multi-category retailer, as well as SFA, the entity that operates Saks Fifth Avenue’s physical locations, and O5, the operating company for Saks OFF 5TH stores.7
With assets spanning top markets and prime locations across North America, HBC owns or controls — either entirely or with joint venture partners — approximately 40 million square feet of gross leasable area. HBC Properties and Investments, the company’s real estate and investments portfolio business, manages these assets along with additional real estate offerings, including Streetworks Development, its property development division.
Founded in 1670, HBC is North America’s longest continually operating company and is headquartered in New York and Toronto.
Interested in Social Media?
NOTE: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.