Sr. Manager Supply Chain Planning
Day In The Life:
As the Senior Manager of Supply Chain Planning, you will lead eCommerce Supply Chain planning functions for The Bay. The Senior Manager will look to identify opportunities of improvement pertaining to the overall speed, reliability and flexibility of supply chain for all lines of business; improving customer experience, and enabling The Bay to lower costs.
You will work collaboratively with teams across the organization as well as external stakeholders, to optimize, and drive continuous improvement and implement best practices in an effort to elevate and transform our supply chain operations, specifically focused on eCommerce.
The Senior Manager is accountable to identify, improve and standardize current processes in an effort to streamline ways of working across The Bay’s supply chain, fulfillment and logistics operations, and other business units; such as Merchandising, Finance, Store fulfilment, etc. The incumbent will also work closely with our Supply Chain Business Intelligence (BI) & Analytics and Supply Chain Strategy teams to identify and partner on capabilities and solutions required to enhance our overall end to end fulfillment experience for our customers.
This role will actively support our DE&I framework by identifying opportunities to increase and promote diversity in our teams, products and brands. They will lead with inclusion to nurture our OneTeam culture by removing barriers for our Associates and communities.
What You Will Do:
- Develop and lead implementation of eCommerce supply chain planning processes and best practices to build new and improve existing capabilities; and improve end to end fulfillment experience for our customers.
- Partner with multiple stakeholders to design and execute a multi-year eCommerce capability roadmap, as well as proactively engage, collaborate and build relationships with counterparts across other Supply Chain teams to identify both existing and desired capabilities required to support strategic vision.
- Apply root-cause analysis and process improvement methodologies to identify, analyze and improve supply chain processes such as inbound product forecast, demand planning, inventory management, network capacity planning, returns, outbound orders forecast, etc., looking to reduce costs, increase efficiencies/productivity, and improve overall fulfillment customer experience.
- Develop business requirements to drive optimal supply chain performance through systems, tech products, analytical and modeling tools/platforms, and best practices.
- Leverage systems and tools to analyze business, financial and operational data and performance to continuously improve supply chain effectiveness.
- Define and implement performance metrics for measurement, comparison, and evaluation of factors affecting the supply chain and overall customer experience.
- Own the overall network, inventory management and capacity planning process as we grow, expand and evolve our supply chain to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Collaborate with merchandising, finance and other relevant internal stakeholders to understand the different forecast building blocks, to provide supply chain operations teams greater visibility and accuracy for planning purposes looking to deliver a great experience to our customers.
- Develop and implement continuous improvement projects in conjunction with Merchandising, Marketing and Finance to reduce costs and improve service levels.
- Accountable for effective employee and Team leadership along with demonstrated leadership throughout entire organization. Includes planning team development and succession planning;
People Leader activities, including hiring, coaching, development and performance management
What You Will Do:
- 7+ years of planning and operational management experience in the supply chain, logistics, distribution, and fulfillment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Operations or a related field – a Master’s Degree is a plus
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to use data to drive business decisions
- Excellent project management, communication and organizational skills
- Proven leadership and people management skills with the ability to build a team
- High levels of curiosity, problem solving and hyper ownership
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity, critical thinking and the capability to influence across the organization
- Proven ability to manage complex processes
- Demonstrated senior leadership and decision making in fast paced, customer centric environments
- In-depth business process management expertise in Tech-driven environments would be an asset
- Experience managing and influencing across functional business and operations management teams
- A track record of delivering projects of increasing scope and complexity on time and on budget
What You Will Need:
What You Can Expect:
- A People-first culture where One Team spirit and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are celebrated and promoted at every step of the way
- An opportunity to work with highly supportive teams to help you build the career you want and leave your Stripe at The Bay
- A competitive benefits package including unlimited paid vacation, medical, dental, vision, parental leave top up coverages, retirement savings and more
- A ways of Working Program that enables you to work where you are most effective
- A living Well Program that provides a variety of offerings and resources to enhance your physical, mental, and financial wellness, including corporate gym membership rates.
- An amazing associate discount of up to 40% off top brands
About The Bay:
As Canada’s oldest startup, The Bay is a digital-first, purpose-led retailer. Our mission is to help Canadians live their best style of life.
The Bay is on a high-growth trajectory to become one of the largest digital retail businesses in Canada through TheBay.com and its Marketplace. If you are looking to join an iconic brand, create impactful change and be recognized for your work, we want you to join our team.
At The Bay, smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value ambitious work and great ideas grounded in data and insights. We are looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, embrace change and are looking to make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We are a digital-first company and brand for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to reach our potential. Come and join a winning team that supports collaboration and demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision every day.
Interested in Social Media?
NOTE: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The Bay welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest In The Bay. We look forward to reviewing your application.
The Bay provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Bay complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Bay welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.