Director, Communications & Community Outreach (6-8 Month Contract)
Day in the Life:
The Director of Communications and Community Outreach (6-8 month contract) is responsible for managing externally-facing strategies and plans that promote key initiatives and drive Street Works Development reputation on an international scale, along with developing and supporting grassroots outreach strategy for the comprehensive portfolio of development projects in the US and Canada.
What You Will Do:
- The Director of Communications and Outreach will report to and assist Vice President with creation of communications strategies and the day-to-day management duties through entire development process
- Lead communications professionals/consultant to develop, implement, and execute strategic communication plans for Street Works Development and other vertical support (as directed). Collaborate with Investor Relations, Corporate and Flagship Communications, Finance, Legal, HR and other functions on brand and corporate initiatives, press releases, community and investor presentations, ESG reports, and other key events
- Oversee all communications, public relations and promotional activities selected to support the brand, outreach and marketing strategy. This includes design, production, and distribution of print materials such as brochures, ads and direct response
- Manage press relations via direct and agency partner support, speaking engagements, special events and community outreach activities. Oversee website maintenance, social media participation and community activations and exhibitions; provide management support to local preview center employees and project ambassadors
- Support community outreach by communicating information to the public, organizing outreach campaigns, coordinating events, and budgeting. Primarily responsible for connecting to stakeholders and residents in the broader community by creating sponsorship agreements and cultivating relationships with business, individuals, and other relevant local organizations
- Stay informed about real estate development, marketing trends and monitor industry changes to help maintain competitiveness and through-leadership status. Attend and contribute to development project meetings and local municipal events and presentations. Garner overarching understanding of specific development projects and its local communities/municipalities
- Maintain an organized and meticulous process with a proactive and collaborative approach to completing projects and meeting deadlines
What You Will Need:
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in Communications-related fields, with priority given to Communications in real estate organizations
- In-depth knowledge of Public Relations and marketing process and best practices
- Applicable knowledge of copywriting and editing
- Experience with social media platforms (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; multi-tasker
- Aptitude in presentation and public speaking
- Knowledge of graphic presentation platforms
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility and adaptability working within a dynamic and ever-changing environment
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated, goal-oriented with a curious nature and desire to continuing to learn the Real Estate Industry
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Flexible and able to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Ability to travel throughout the US and Canada
What You Can Expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Associate discount including top brands
- Flexible work environment that allows for work-life balance
HBC is a holding company of investments and businesses at the intersection of technology, retail operations and real estate.
It is the majority owner of iconic ecommerce companies: Saks, a leading online destination for luxury fashion, and Saks OFF 5TH, a premier luxury off-price ecommerce company offering top brands at the best prices. Both businesses were established as separate operating companies in 2021. HBC also wholly owns Hudson’s Bay, Canada’s preeminent multi-category retailer, as well as SFA, the entity that operates Saks Fifth Avenue’s physical locations, and O5, the operating company for Saks OFF 5TH stores.7
With assets spanning top markets and prime locations across North America, HBC owns or controls — either entirely or with joint venture partners — approximately 40 million square feet of gross leasable area. HBC Properties and Investments, the company’s real estate and investments portfolio business, manages these assets along with additional real estate offerings, including Streetworks Development, its property development division.
Founded in 1670, HBC is North America’s longest continually operating company and is headquartered in New York and Toronto.
Interested in Social Media?
Thank you for your interest In HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.