Executive Assistant - Temporary
Day in the Life:
This six-month temp Executive Assistant (EA) position supports the EVP, General Counsel and CFO at Hudson’s Bay Company. The EA will be responsible for providing comprehensive support, by successfully managing schedules, calendars, meetings and administrative projects. This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, act quickly and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. This role is based in our Brookfield Place offices in downtown Manhattan and the incumbent will work closely with the EA of the Executive Chairman/CEO at Hudson’s Bay Company
What You Will Do:
- Provide sophisticated calendar management for the executives.
- Prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts; make judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
- Act as a liaison and handle all logistics for office meetings and events: schedule meetings; draft agendas; develop, compile, and distribute presentation materials; partner with the Aviation team on domestic and international travel logistics.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the Executives’ ability to effectively lead their organizations. This includes accurately and efficiently: assisting with special projects; designing and producing complex documents, reports and presentations; collecting and preparing information for meetings with internal staff and outside parties; composing and preparing correspondence; maintaining contact lists; making travel arrangements and completing expense reports.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the executives, including those of a highly confidential or critical nature.
- Prioritize and determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response, exercising judgment to reflect the Company’s style and policies.
- Coordinate all Leadership Team meetings and assist with staff and/or board meetings and events as needed.
- Provide a "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, providing a bridge for smooth communication between the Executives and their direct reports; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with their Leadership Teams.
- Submit all invoices and Legal billing correctly and on time.
- Provide event management support as requested.
- Provide hospitality to all guests and help to create a welcoming environment.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Strong work tenure: three to five years of experience supporting C-Level Executives.
- Strong ability to execute work with a diversity, equity, and inclusion lens.
- Expert proficiency with Google Suite and Microsoft Office; ability to design and edit presentations and materials.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- High degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, senior executives, staff, vendors and business partners.
- Make appropriate, informed decisions regarding priorities and available time.
- Ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little or no guidance.
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround.
- Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Excellent judgment is essential.
- Ability to switch priorities and direction at a moment’s notice.
- Past experience using any of the following is a plus! – Simple Legal; Adobe Pro, Microsoft Visio, Diligent, Concur
What You Can Expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Associate discount including top brands
- Flexible work environment that allows for work-life balance
HBC is a holding company of investments and businesses at the intersection of technology, retail operations and real estate.
It is the majority owner of iconic ecommerce companies: Saks, a leading online destination for luxury fashion, and Saks OFF 5TH, a premier luxury off-price ecommerce company offering top brands at the best prices. Both businesses were established as separate operating companies in 2021. HBC also wholly owns Hudson’s Bay, Canada’s preeminent multi-category retailer, as well as SFA, the entity that operates Saks Fifth Avenue’s physical locations, and O5, the operating company for Saks OFF 5TH stores.
With assets spanning top markets and prime locations across North America, HBC owns or controls — either entirely or with joint venture partners — approximately 40 million square feet of gross leasable area. HBC Properties and Investments, the company’s real estate and investments portfolio business, manages these assets along with additional real estate offerings, including Streetworks Development, its property development division.
Founded in 1670, HBC is North America’s longest continually operating company and is headquartered in New York and Toronto.
Interested in Social Media?
NOTE: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The Bay welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest In The Bay. We look forward to reviewing your application.
The Bay provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Bay welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.