IT Audit Manager
Day in the Life:
The IT Audit Manager will be accountable for leading assigned assurance and consulting engagements or executing assigned parts thereof as per the annual Audit Plan with the primary focus of evaluating and improving the effectiveness of HBC’s risk management, control and governance processes as it relates to IT. This role will interact directly with stakeholders at HBC and provide a high level of professional service in line with the Institute of Internal Auditors Standards.
In addition, the IT Audit Manager is required to lead the testing of the Company’s annual IT General Computing Controls testing.
What You Will Do:
Execute on the audit plan:
- Audit Delivery: Leads assigned assurance and consulting engagements or executes assigned parts thereof. Plans the objectives and scope for assigned assurance and consulting engagements using a risk-based approach, or assists internal audit management in doing so. Designs and develops risk-based audit programs and related procedures for such areas to address the objectives, or assists internal audit management in doing so. Completes files within time budgets and target dates, and/or reviews peer or work to ensure sufficient work was completed and evidence obtained to meet the objectives of the engagement.
- Lead testing over the IT General Computing Controls or other ad-hoc requests as required
- Reporting and Communication: Investigates audit observations to identify root causes of control deficiencies. Writes concise, risk-focused reports with practical recommendations. Communicates with and engages stakeholders in a diplomatic and tactful manner, in discussions of audit observations, risks and recommendations. Ensures open communication with other members of the Internal Audit department, as well as other employees, members of management, risk, and other organizational partners, in the areas of risk management, governance, regulatory compliance, and internal policies/procedures.
- Utilizing data analytics where possible
Maintain IIA Standard and Strong Client Relationships:
- Maintains the independence of the audit practice and its personnel.
- Ensures that all audit procedures executed are conducted in accordance to IIA requirements
- Develops and maintains good working relations with key stakeholders.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelors degree
- CISA certification is required. CIA, CPA, CA, CGA or CMA designations are considered assets;
- Detailed knowledge of IT Governance frameworks (ie: COBIT, NBIT and ITIL);
- Stromg understanding of IT General Computing Controls
- Understanding of applying the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards and practices.
- 4+ years auditing experience
What You Can Expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Associate discount including top brands
- Flexible work environment that allows for work-life balance
HBC is a holding company of investments and businesses at the intersection of technology, retail operations and real estate.
It is the majority owner of iconic ecommerce companies: Saks, a leading online destination for luxury fashion, and Saks OFF 5TH, a premier luxury off-price ecommerce company offering top brands at the best prices. Both businesses were established as separate operating companies in 2021. HBC also wholly owns Hudson’s Bay, Canada’s preeminent multi-category retailer, as well as SFA, the entity that operates Saks Fifth Avenue’s physical locations, and O5, the operating company for Saks OFF 5TH stores.
With assets spanning top markets and prime locations across North America, HBC owns or controls — either entirely or with joint venture partners — approximately 40 million square feet of gross leasable area. HBC Properties and Investments, the company’s real estate and investments portfolio business, manages these assets along with additional real estate offerings, including Streetworks Development, its property development division.
Founded in 1670, HBC is North America’s longest continually operating company and is headquartered in New York and Toronto.
Interested in Social Media?
Thank you for your interest In The Bay. We look forward to reviewing your application.
The Bay provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Bay welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.