Specialist, Public Relations
Day In The Life:
The Public Relations Specialist is responsible for supporting The Bay’s PR strategy in Canada. This role reports to the Director, Public Relations.
This role will actively support our DE&I framework by identifying opportunities to increase and promote diversity in our teams, products and brands. They will lead with inclusion to nurture our OneTeam culture by removing barriers for our Associates and communities.
What You Will Do:
- Support execution of The Bay’s PR Strategy across all merchandise areas (women’s, men’s, kids apparel, footwear and accessories, beauty and home)
- Support pitching media nationwide to secure coverage for The Bay’s launches, events and brands
- Support corporate communications tactics such as business pitches, presentations, and issues management
- Work closely with internal Fashion Office and Buyers to obtain information on seasonal priorities, launches, etc.
- Handle reactive press requests through digital or in-store pulls
- Write press releases, media alerts and other communications materials
- Daily tracking of press coverage and creating monthly press reports, project summaries and recaps on key launches and events.
- Build and maintain relationships with members of the media across all outlets (print, digital, broadcast, etc,)
- Maintain media and stylist database, develop and nourish new and existing media relationships
- Handle all press mailings including sourcing materials, packaging and sending product
- Liaise between PR team and various internal teams as required, including events, social, fashion office, merchandising and store.
- Handle administrative duties including processing and tracking invoices, updating PR budget, maintaining PR calendar
What You Will Need:
- 2-4 years of PR experience either at an agency or in-house
- Post-graduate degree or certificate in PR/Communications or Marketing
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint, with a working knowledge of Cision and other relevant PR tools
- Strong understanding of the media landscape in Canada
- Established contacts in fashion/lifestyle/retail media an asset
- Proven track record of pitching and securing earned media coverage for all types of media
- Impeccable written and verbal communications skills (writing test will be required)
- Bilingual and experience working with Adobe Suite is an asset
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and handle numerous projects/priorities
- Willing to take ownership of all assigned responsibilities and adhere to deadlines
- Possess a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Strong team player and positive attitude
- Creative and outgoing
What You Can Expect:
- A People-first culture where One Team spirit and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are celebrated and promoted at every step of the way
- An opportunity to work with highly supportive teams to help you build the career you want and leave your Stripe at The Bay
- A competitive benefits package including unlimited paid vacation, medical, dental, vision, parental leave top up coverages, retirement savings and more
- A ways of Working Program that enables you to work where you are most effective
- A living Well Program that provides a variety of offerings and resources to enhance your physical, mental, and financial wellness, including corporate gym membership rates.
- An amazing associate discount of up to 40% off top brands
About The Bay:
As Canada’s oldest startup, The Bay is a digital-first, purpose-led retailer. Our mission is to help Canadians live their best style of life.
The Bay is on a high-growth trajectory to become one of the largest digital retail businesses in Canada through TheBay.com and its Marketplace. If you are looking to join an iconic brand, create impactful change and be recognized for your work, we want you to join our team.
At The Bay, smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value ambitious work and great ideas grounded in data and insights. We are looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, embrace change and are looking to make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We are a digital-first company and brand for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to reach our potential. Come and join a winning team that supports collaboration and demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision every day.
Interested in Social Media?
NOTE: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The Bay welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest In The Bay. We look forward to reviewing your application.
The Bay provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Bay welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used