Manager, Financial Compliance & Control
Day in the Life:
The Manager, Financial Compliance and Control will be responsible for ensuring a strong internal control environment through working with Finance stakeholders to design and evaluate controls within processes for NI 52109 (ICFR compliance), the development of policies and procedures, ensuring their implementation and monitoring compliance. This role reports directly to the VP, Financial Accounting and Reporting.
This individual will also be responsible for managing the administration of the account reconciliation tool, Cadency, and provide strategic support and analysis as needed.
What You Will Do:
- Own the evaluation, design, implementation, documentation, assessment and monitoring internal control framework, including policies and key risks in order to ensure adequate controls exist to prevent unintentional and intentional errors in the financial records and reporting;
- Formulate policies and procedures to improve internal controls, compliance and efficiency;
- Lead the process for internal controls reviews;
- Foster standardization and consistency across business processes;
- Deliver adequate and timely reporting on the internal control framework and control deficiencies to ensure appropriate communication, documentation, escalation to business partners and senior leadership and audit committee;
- Deliver adequate and timely action plans and monitor progress to address and resolve control deficiencies;
- Work collaboratively with business and process owners to implement and monitor remediation efforts that result from internal control assessments, ensuring the effective implementation of corrective action;
- Actively seek standardization and automation, apply and implement best practices for managing internal controls and deploy innovative technology where possible to enhance and continuously improve the design and operating effectiveness of the controls, documentation, assessment and review procedures;
- Actively engage with internal and external auditors to ensure consideration and resolution of all relevant risks and audit findings; and
- Develop and conduct adequate training and prepare related information material on the internal control objectives, approach and methodology to business partners on a regular basis to build knowledge and understanding of risks and control.
What You Will Need:
- 3-5 years of accounting experience required, Big 4 experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent
- CPA designation or equivalent
- Strong understanding SOX and internal control frameworks
- Experience with accounting, financial systems, and processes, including monthly and quarterly close processes
- Expertise in multi-tasking with the ability to manage several high-priority projects simultaneously
- The ability to provide high-quality work while meeting tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization and cross-functionally
- A working knowledge of Cadency (or similar offering) and Oracle Fusion a plus
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
What You Can Expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Associate discount including top brands
- Flexible work environment that allows for work-life balance
HBC is a holding company of investments and businesses at the intersection of technology, retail operations and real estate.
It is the majority owner of iconic ecommerce companies: Saks, a leading online destination for luxury fashion, and Saks OFF 5TH, a premier luxury off-price ecommerce company offering top brands at the best prices. Both businesses were established as separate operating companies in 2021. HBC also wholly owns Hudson’s Bay, Canada’s preeminent multi-category retailer, as well as SFA, the entity that operates Saks Fifth Avenue’s physical locations, and O5, the operating company for Saks OFF 5TH stores.7
With assets spanning top markets and prime locations across North America, HBC owns or controls — either entirely or with joint venture partners — approximately 40 million square feet of gross leasable area. HBC Properties and Investments, the company’s real estate and investments portfolio business, manages these assets along with additional real estate offerings, including Streetworks Development, its property development division.
Founded in 1670, HBC is North America’s longest continually operating company and is headquartered in New York and Toronto.
Interested in Social Media?
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.