Executive Assistant to Executive Chairman/CEO
This high profile Executive Assistant (EA) position supports the Executive Chairman/CEO at Hudson’s Bay Company. The EA will be responsible for providing comprehensive support, by successfully managing schedules, calendars, meetings and administrative projects. This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, act quickly and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. This role is based in our Brookfield Place offices in downtown Manhattan and the incumbent will work closely with the EA of the President / CEO of HBC Properties & Investments.
- Provide sophisticated calendar management for the executive.
- Prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts; make judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
- Act as a liaison and handle all logistics for office meetings and events: schedule meetings; draft agendas; develop, compile, and distribute presentation materials; partner with the Aviation team on domestic and international travel logistics.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the HBC’s Executive Chairman/CEO ability to effectively lead the organization. This includes accurately and efficiently: assisting with special projects; designing and producing complex documents, reports and presentations; collecting and preparing information for meetings with internal staff and outside parties; composing and preparing correspondence; maintaining contact lists; making travel arrangements and completing expense reports; coordination with the executive's Family Office and PA support as required.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the executive, including those of a highly confidential or critical nature.
- Prioritize and determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response, exercising judgement to reflect the Company’s style and policies.
- Coordinate all Executive Team meetings and assist with staff meetings and events as needed.
- Provide a "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, providing a bridge for smooth communication between HBC’s Executive Chairman/CEO and their direct reports; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with the Executive Team.
- Work with the Executive Team to coordinate the executive’s outreach activities. Follow up on contacts to cultivate ongoing relationships.
- Provide event management support as requested.
- Provide hospitality to all guests and help to create a welcoming environment.
- Manage all aspects of organization’s office services. Evaluate and assist in developing office policies and procedures for improved workflow and anticipate future needs as the organization grows/transforms.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Strong work tenure: five to ten years of experience supporting C-Level Executives.
- Strong ability to execute work with a diversity, equity, and inclusion lens.
- Expert proficiency with Google Suite and Microsoft Office; ability to design and edit presentations and materials.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- High degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, senior executives, staff, community leaders, Family Office and business partners.
- Make appropriate, informed decisions regarding priorities and available time.
- Ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little or no guidance.
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround.
- Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Excellent judgment is essential.
- Ability to switch priorities and direction at a moment’s notice.
This role is based onsite in the HBC office located in New York City.
Health, dental, vision, Rx, long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance
Flexible PTO, and holidays
About Hudson’s Bay Company:
HBC is a holding company of investments and businesses at the intersection of technology, retail operations and real estate.
It is the majority owner of iconic ecommerce companies: Saks, a leading online destination for luxury fashion, and Saks OFF 5TH, a premier luxury off-price ecommerce company offering top brands at the best prices. Both businesses were established as separate operating companies in 2021.
HBC also wholly owns Hudson’s Bay, Canada’s preeminent multi-category retailer, as well as SFA, the entity that operates Saks Fifth Avenue’s physical locations, and O5, the operating company for Saks OFF 5TH stores.
With assets spanning top markets and prime locations across North America, HBC owns or controls — either entirely or with joint venture partners — approximately 40 million square feet of gross leasable area. HBC Properties and Investments, the company’s real estate and investments portfolio business, manages these assets along with additional real estate offerings, including Streetworks Development, its property development division.
Founded in 1670, HBC is North America’s longest continually operating company and is headquartered in New York and Toronto.
Learn more about us https://www.hbc.com/our-company/