Material Handler 1
What This Position is All About
The Material Handler 1 is an integral part of the distribution operation. Essentially, you are responsible for making sure that merchandise reaches the designated end-destination in a timely fashion. You will be part of a dynamic, fast-moving, team, playing an integral part in the overall Picking, shipping and receiving operation.
- Operate merchandise handling powered equipment
- Accuracy with all transactions performed on RF scanners based on Company process/guidelines
- Associate will perform cycle counts in MHF (WMOS system), MHF, DC591 Retail, DC596 Retail, Ecomm (WMOS System) daily as required/ assigned.
- Associate will perform adhoc inventory checks as required including but not limited to checking for, discrepancy counts and variances in inventory and problem solving to correct inventory issues.
- Other duties as assigned by Lead Hand or Supervisor
- Familiarity with Company documentation
- Able to operate RF scanners
- Accuracy is essential
- Work within Company and department rules and standards
- Use or wear protective clothing or equipment as required
- Comply with HBC policies including Health and Safety procedures including reporting all injuries
- Ability to problem solve and have critical thinking ability.
- Must be trained on the powered material handling equipment
- Ability to read and write the English language fluently
- Must be physically fit as position involves heavy lifting
- Excellent attendance record
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount