What This Position is All About
The Material Handler 1 is an integral part of the distribution operation. Essentially, you are responsible for making sure that merchandise reaches the designated end-destination in a timely fashion. You will be part of a dynamic, fast-moving, team, playing an integral part in the overall Picking, shipping and receiving operation.
- Load and unload trailers onto carts
- Label merchandise
- Report discrepancies for damaged, over/short merchandise
- May be required to operate merchandise handling powered equipment
- Perform inner carton inspections to substantiate quality and escalate for appropriate disposition or action.
- Accuracy with all transactions performed on RF scanners based on Company process/guidelines
- Perform putaway, full case, replenishment picks in Ecomm
- Load and ship product in Ecomm
- Departmental housekeeping
- Other duties as assigned by Lead Hand or Supervisor
- Familiarity with Company documentation
- Ability to use hand held scanning equipment
- Ability to read and write the English language fluently
- Ability to meet various goals/deadlines to maintain service level
- Optional training on Power Equipment
- Work within Company and department rules and standards
- Comply with HBC policies including Health and Safety procedures including reporting all injuries
- Use or wear protective clothing or equipment as required
- Must be physically fit and able to lift 50 pounds regularly
- Excellent attendance record
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount