Senior Manager. Financial Reporting - Contract Role
Day in the Life:
The Senior Manager will be responsible for consolidation and preparation of financial statements for management, shareholders and lenders, and participates in the preparation of the MD&A for lenders. The ideal candidate has strong analytical and technical accounting skills, and is well versed in reporting requirements. This role reports to a Director of Financial Reporting and manages a senior financial analyst.
What You Will Do:
- Responsible for preparation of the internal monthly financial statement package and related analysis, including cash flow.
- Quarterly and annual external financial statements, note disclosures and
- Monthly consolidation of operating units, Corporate entities, and consolidation entries in Hyperion consolidation system
- Liaise with external and internal auditors
- Analyze and document new US GAAP and the impact to the company
- Support the team in identifying, researching and resolving technical accounting issues, consulting with internal and external subject matter experts, and implementing new accounting policies.
- Be a leader for process improvements with respect to financial reporting.
- Manage, train and develop a senior financial analyst
- Work closely with Forecasting and Planning, Corporate Development, Treasury and Tax departments
- Assist with special and ad hoc projects as assigned
What You Will Need:
- Self-starter, highly motivated, detail oriented
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively with senior management and across various departments
- Strong interpersonal skills, with proven ability to build strong relationships
- Strong analytical skills
- Technical accounting skills with experience working with US GAAP and IFRS
- Must be able to manage and prioritize multiple projects at any given time
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced and changing environment, consistently meeting deadlines with accurate results
- 7+ years working in Big 4 public accounting and/or publicly-listed companies
- Bachelor Degree in Finance/Accounting and CPA designation
- Hyperion experience would be an asset
What You Can Expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Associate discount including top brands
- Flexible work environment that allows for work-life balance
HBC is a holding company of investments and businesses at the intersection of technology, retail operations and real estate.
It is the majority owner of iconic ecommerce companies: Saks, a leading online destination for luxury fashion, and Saks OFF 5TH, a premier luxury off-price ecommerce company offering top brands at the best prices. Both businesses were established as separate operating companies in 2021. HBC also wholly owns Hudson’s Bay, Canada’s preeminent multi-category retailer, as well as SFA, the entity that operates Saks Fifth Avenue’s physical locations, and O5, the operating company for Saks OFF 5TH stores.
With assets spanning top markets and prime locations across North America, HBC owns or controls — either entirely or with joint venture partners — approximately 40 million square feet of gross leasable area. HBC Properties and Investments, the company’s real estate and investments portfolio business, manages these assets along with additional real estate offerings, including Streetworks Development, its property development division.
Founded in 1670, HBC is North America’s longest continually operating company and is headquartered in New York and Toronto.
Interested in Social Media?
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.