Analyst, Acquisitions and Asset Management
Day in the Life:
As an Analyst on the Acquisitions & Asset Management team, you will work in a small, highly visible dedicated team to assist in advising HBC leadership on strategic decisions related to maximizing the value of HBC’s Real Estate. You will be part of the CEO’s and C-Suite’s opportunistic, creative, deal-focused team charged with leading Acquisitions, Dispositions, and Capital Markets transactions in addition to other special projects. To effectively perform, this team works closely with every group in HBC P&I including the Development, Design, Leasing, Financial, and Legal departments. Due to the intertwined relationship of HBC’s companies and their Real Estate holdings, this team must work with and understand all aspects of HBC, including the E-commerce companies, Brick & Mortar companies, Investor Relations, Treasury, Accounting & Tax, and Corporate Legal departments.
- This is an opportunity to join and learn from a diverse group of highly motivated Real Estate Professionals
- Get direct contact meeting, working with, and learning from senior executives in the C-Suite
- Work in our Downtown NYC headquarters, located at the highly activated Brookfield Place, with direct access to amenities such as a gym and heavily subsidized café and food options
- Expect to be brought on business trips several times per year across North America to develop boots-on-the-ground understanding of our Real Estate Assets and their markets
- We offer a flexible PTO policy that affords you the opportunity to take the time off you need, when you need it, in coordination with your manager
- Enjoy an amazing employee discount at all of our US retail businesses
HBC Properties & Investments (HBC P&I):
HBC P&I is the firm’s investment division responsible for leading and supporting all strategic and asset maximization decisions at HBC, including new ventures, mergers & acquisitions, capital markets, capital allocation, and asset management across HBC’s portfolio of Real Estate, E-commerce, Brick & Mortar, and other investments initiatives. HBC P&I also owns StreetWorks Development, a 50+ person full-scale, vertically integrated development company with decades of experience, which was acquired specifically to focus on maximizing value of HBC’s Real Estate portfolio. HBC P&I also owns a group of Office, Residential, and Wellness stand-alone operating companies which were formed to opportunistically leverage the company’s centuries old brands and create value in HBC as well as expand in 3rd party Real Estate.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Real Estate, Business, Finance, or an equivalent combination of education and experience that has developed your skills as a critical thinker.
- Basic understanding of commercial real estate, math, finance, and accounting.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of products, primarily Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Ability use the internet and other resources to produce robust research work product.
- Strong logic and reading comprehension skills.
- A curious and self-motivated individual who is driven by a desire for personal growth.
- A team player with strong relationship building skills and high emotional intelligence.
- A clear, concise, and transparent communication style.
- A creative and strategic mindset who embodies a culture of taking smart risks.
- A strong ability to learn from your mistakes.
What You Can Expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Associate discount
- Flexible work environment that allows for work-life balance
Founded in 1670, HBC is North America’s longest continually operating company. What initially began as a fur trading company, HBC diversified into the department store industry by the mid-19th century. The modern evolution of this company started in 2006 when Richard Baker began strategically acquiring retail and technology companies financed by the value of the companies’ underlying multi-billion-dollar Real Estate portfolio. Present day, Baker serves as Governor, Executive Chairman, and CEO of HBC. HBC’s Group of Companies, which include (3) E-commerce companies: Saks.com, Off Fifth.com, and The Bay.com; (3) Brick & Mortar Retail companies: Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks Off Fifth, and Hudson’s Bay; and Baker’s strategic investment company HBC Properties and Investments which currently controls over 40 million gross square feet. The company was taken private in March 2020 and is in the process of reimagining and leveraging its entire portfolio to position it for the digital transformation in retail while reimaging and maximizing the value of its extensive portfolio of assets, including its real estate.
Interested in Social Media?
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.