The Bay | Sr. Financial Analyst, Sales Audit and Payment Processing
Day in the Life:
As the Sr. Financial Analyst, you will be responsible for having an in depth understanding of the entire sales process at Hudson's Bay – from finance, accounting and systems perspective. Your main purpose will be to ensure sales are reported and accounted for accurately, and to prepare detailed analytics as required to support the business. Monthly responsibilities will include supporting the month end accounting close process (reviewing and approving journal entries and schedules), reviewing accounting reconciliations and developing and overseeing internal controls. In addition, this role will be involved with sales transaction fraud prevention and supporting business projects and ad hoc requests.
What You Will Do:
- Develop and prepare reporting and analysis related to Sales, Bankcard Administration (tender/card type, fees/charges), and Fraud (chargebacks, card fraud), etc.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on initiatives including design and implementation of new systems and sales processes
- Support accounting month end close process.
- Review journal entries, schedules and resolve any issues that may arise to ensure timely and accurate close
- Prepare and review account reconciliations for high risk accounts in Bankcard Administration to ensure transactions are properly recorded in the general ledger
- Work with offshore team and respective functional teams to develop and report KPI's for respective areas
- Communicate with store locations in order to research and resolve customer issues related to sales or cash balances
- Support internal/external audits as required (respond to requests for information, analyze reports, etc.)
- Prepare ad hoc reporting requests for senior leadership and to support internal partners
What you will need:
- University degree in Business and/or Finance
- 2-5 years experience in Accounting and/or Finance
- Working towards or completed an accounting designation (eg. CPA, CPA - CMA/CGA) is considered an asset
- Proficient knowledge of Excel (working with and analyzing large data sets)
- Results oriented and has the ability to generate a variety of approaches to problem solving including new and novel ideas
- Strong communication skills (ability to set and communicate a clear vision)
- Strong time management skills and organizational skills
- The ability to work independently (take ownership of projects) and as a team to achieve common goals
What You Can Expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Associate discount up to 40% including top brands
- Flexible work environment that allows for work-life balance
About The Bay:
As North America’s oldest startup and Canada’s purpose-driven digital marketplace, The Bay is on a high-growth mission to rewrite the rules of retail to help Canadians live a colourful life. If you believe in the power of our iconic brand and thrive on problem solving at scale, we want you to join our team.
At The Bay, smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value ambitious work and great ideas grounded in data and insights. We are looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, embrace change and are looking to make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We are building a digital-first company and brand for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to reach our potential. We strongly encourage applications from everyone to come and join a winning team that supports diverse thinking and demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision every day.
Our Commitment to Building a Winning Culture:
As One Team we have re-established our internal behaviours and culture to ensure we all succeed. One Team provides the tools needed to shift our ways of working and creates change to become a purpose-driven, digital first business. Our 4 pillars for embracing One Team are: Always be Customer Champions, Performance and Purpose Driven, Keep it Simple & Change Agents.
Interested in Social Media?
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.