Senior Manager, WMOS (Warehouse Management Operating System)
Responsible to Lead design & architecture of the WMOS system, leading the team while focusing on the growth and development of each team member which includes providing coaching efforts to ensure the team’ s success.
- Responsible for Architecture, Design of the Warehouse Management System including Integration and enablement with third party software platforms.
- Leading technical discussions with business and technical decision makers, including detailing technical specifications, product roadmaps, deployment, and third-party integrations
- Drives strategic initiatives for streamlining Development Process, Releases & Works with team to define and implement best practices.
- Provides leadership, mentoring, coaching, and career development planning for team members.
- Leads escalated major incident and problem management, analyze trends and recommend improvements for ways to prevent repeated future problems.
- Develops the conceptual systems designs and supporting technologies to enable new and enhanced functionality of the Warehouse Management System & Integrations.
- Provides technical expertise in establishing specific coding standards, patterns, and procedures.
- Partners with Dev Ops Engineers & Operation teams to develop, maintain and streamline automated build & release pipeline from code compilation, automated testing to deploy releases to multiple environments.
- Recommend engineering best practices, Performance testing automation & tuning
- Collaborate within an Agile dynamic development environment & eager to learn technologies.
- Continually improve personal knowledge and skills relevant to current enterprise application architecture and integrations.
- University/College Degree or related education in Information Technology
- Minimum 4 years directly relevant work experience
- Excellent Problem Solving/Troubleshooting skills.
- Proficiency in Manhattan WMOS or other WMS
- Oracle/SQL Database, SAP, Microsoft Office
- Experience supporting various interfaces to and from WMS systems
- Linux application administration
- Familiarity with supporting WCS systems
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities.
- Strong Project Management experience
- Ability to work with onshore/offshore teams, and communicate using virtual communication tools (conferencing, WEBEX, etc.)
- Experience with Lean principles and methods preferred.
- SQL – Strong understanding of how to join tables together, group, sort and apply mathematical functions.
- Proven ability to tailor communication to various audiences
- Very good oral/written communication skills.
- Self motivated leader that works well independently
- Available to work on call on evenings and weekends.
Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted. HBC welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.