Wellness Events Coordinator, SaksWorks Manhasset
Who We Are:
Hudson's Bay Company and Saks Fifth Avenue is unveiling a members-only concept that provides a new way to get things done. With spaces to work, workout, dine, socialize, accomplish everyday errands and host events, the new concept redefines work through the prism of style. The concept offers vibrant work and life destinations in the suburbs and hubs for doing business in the city, with regional flexibility that is ideal for commuters and professionals who are redefining where and how they work and play post-pandemic. In Fall 2021, SaksWorks will debut five locations across the New York Metropolitan Area including Downtown Manhattan; Midtown Manhattan; Greenwich, CT; Manhasset, NY; and Scarsdale, NY.
What This Position is All About:
This role is responsible for creating and executing programs and events within the respective SaksWorks location for its members, including but not limited to weekly leadership talks, panels, workshops, classes, movement classes, service pop-ups, arts & crafts, and more. The Wellery Events Coordinator will be an integral part of creating meaningful and thoughtful events that allow our members to get the most out of their membership, while also growing in their professional and personal world. This person should be passionate about maintaining a positive mental health outlook as they will be bringing the SaksWorks ethos of well-being to life through their programming.
Who You Are:
- Builds Relationships: Builds great relationships across the organization; works as one team; creates open and honest dialogue; is a calming presence that can diffuse high-tension situations comfortably; advocates for and challenges other’s ideas with diplomacy.
- Resilient: Adaptable; is open to suggestions and experimentation; creates a learning environment focused on innovation; celebrates the wins throughout the journey; puts progress over perfection; positions failures as growth opportunities.
- Creative & Innovative Mindset: Generates a variety of approaches to problem solving including new and novel ideas; makes surprising and insightful connections; is an out of the box thinker that shines in brainstorming settings; challenges the status quo.
- Customer Champion: Always puts the needs of internal and external customers first; understands customer impact to drive decisions; always considers the customer perspective.
- Project Planning: Strong project planning skills; defines and works towards objectives and goals; divides work into a process; anticipates and plans for problems and roadblocks; keeps the end goal in sight.
You Also Have:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Clear, warm, and concise communicator, that can work well with others and can communicate well under timely situations.
- Fluent in English
- Extensive background in wellness and mental health with deep domain expertise in wellness, health, and/or psychology
- Clear understanding of organizing events and basic event software
- Self-motivated, self-reliant, and has the subsequent knowledge, skills, and passion to help people improve their day-to-day health habits
- Honest, hard-working, detail-oriented, and a good team player attitude
- Constantly trying to resolve and improve their own physical, emotional, and mental health
- Proficient across social media channels (Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, etc)
- Fluent in Google Collaboration Tools (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Organized and detail-oriented with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable in a startup environment, and takes mistakes and turns them into learning lessons
As The Wellery Event Coordinator, You Will:
- 100% live the brand: be an exemplary ambassador for the brand, conversing with customers, vendors, and partners about our brand, mission, and product across all of our communication channels
- 75% curate and maintain a calendar of community programming events targeted towards educating, introducing, and reinforcing positive health habits of members (i.e.workshops, meals, speakers, crafts, classes, etc.)
- Curate, manage and collaborate with health & well-being tenants and partners (i.e. BdySquad, The Salon, HP Advisors, physical trainers, yoga instructors, speakers, etc.) to create connectivity for members to get the most of their membership
- Co-create, plan and execute activations in line with the 10 Pillars of High Performance Living
- Enthusiastically encourage member participation
- Prepare promotional items and event results for bulletin and e-blasts
- Familiarize and onboard new tenants and members via physical tours of the space, explaining the vision and core offerings within the SaksWorks ecosystem
- Attend staff meetings as requested
- Assist in annual budget process and monthly financial performance
- Work in tandem with the program’s overall Wellery Director, as well as the General Manager in the space
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.