Events Assistant, SaksWorks Greenwich
Who We Are:
Hudson's Bay Company and Saks Fifth Avenue is unveiling a members-only concept that provides a new way to get things done. With spaces to work, workout, dine, socialize, accomplish everyday errands and host events, the new concept redefines work through the prism of style. The concept offers vibrant work and life destinations in the suburbs and hubs for doing business in the city, with regional flexibility that is ideal for commuters and professionals who are redefining where and how they work and play post-pandemic. In Fall 2021, SaksWorks will debut five locations across the New York Metropolitan Area including Downtown Manhattan; Midtown Manhattan; Greenwich, CT; Manhasset, NY; and Scarsdale, NY.
What This Position is All About:
This role is responsible for assisting in the planning and executing upon the programming for their respective SaksWorks location. The Program Assistant will help organize and execute events related to the health and well-being of SaksWorks members. The Program Assistant will also handle administrative tasks and be ready to fill-in where needed during the openings of the SaksWorks spaces.
Who You Are:
- Builds Relationships: Builds great relationships across the organization; works as one team; creates open and honest dialogue; is a calming presence that can diffuse high-tension situations comfortably; advocates for and challenges other’s ideas with diplomacy
- Resilient: Adaptable; is open to suggestions and experimentation; creates a learning environment focused on innovation; celebrates the wins throughout the journey; puts progress over perfection; positions failures as growth opportunities
- Creative & Innovative Mindset: Generates a variety of approaches to problem solving including new and novel ideas; makes surprising and insightful connections; is an out of the box thinker that shines in brainstorming settings; challenges the status quo
- Customer Champion: Always puts the needs of internal and external customers first; understands customer impact to drive decisions; always considers the customer perspective
- Project Planning: Strong project planning skills; defines and works towards objectives and goals; divides work into a process; anticipates and plans for problems and roadblocks; keeps the end goal in sight.
You Also Have:
- High School Diploma or above
- Clear and warm communicator with a sincere desire for providing customers with best-in-class care and service
- Fluent in English
- Extensive background in event planning & production realm
- Self-motivated & self-reliant
- Honest, hard-working, and a good team player attitude
- Proficient across social media channels (Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, etc)
- Fluent in Google Collaboration Tools (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Organized and detail-oriented with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable in a startup environment
As The Events Coordinator, You Will:
- Live the brand: be an exemplary ambassador for the brand, conversing with members, vendors, and partners about our brand, mission, and product across all of our communication channels
- Assist in facilitating a calendar of community programming events targeted towards educating, introducing, and reinforcing positive health habits of members (i.e.workshops, meals, speakers, crafts, classes, etc.)
- Assist in planning, leading, and executing programming as determined
- Assist daily administrative tasks, event operations, event photography, and various event set up and breakdown
- Provide assistance in monitoring the space and service quality
- Facilitate communication between SaksWorks team and WeWork team
- Assist in curating, managing and collaborating with health & well-being tenants and partners (i.e. BdySquad,Wellness Studio partners, Wellery Advisors, performance coaches, yoga instructors, speakers, etc.)
- Enthusiastically encourage member participation
- Prepare promotional items, marketing assets, and event results for bulletin and e-blasts
- Attend committee and staff meetings as requested
- Work in tandem with the Program Manager, as well as the Operations Manager, and GM in the space
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.