Events Coordinator, SaksWorks
Who We Are:
Hudson's Bay Company and Saks Fifth Avenue is unveiling a members-only concept that provides a new way to get things done. With spaces to work, workout, dine, socialize, accomplish everyday errands and host events, the new concept redefines work through the prism of style. The concept offers vibrant work and life destinations in the suburbs and hubs for doing business in the city, with regional flexibility that is ideal for commuters and professionals who are redefining where and how they work and play post-pandemic. In Fall 2021, SaksWorks will debut five locations across the New York Metropolitan Area including Downtown Manhattan; Midtown Manhattan; Greenwich, CT; Manhasset, NY; and Scarsdale, NY.
What This Position is All About:
The Events Coordinator manages logistics and communication between multiple parties including internal departments, partners and vendors to ensure the operational success of events within SaksWorks locations.
Who You Are:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
- Proficient with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, and ability to learn new technology systems
You Also Have:
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum two years of experience in event planning, event production, or related hospitality experience required
- Physical Requirements:
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Prolonged periods of walking and standing
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds at times
As The Events Coordinator, You Will:
- Manage internal events calendar for 3 locations (plus 2 additional in 2022), trouble-shooting for conflicts.
- Participate in site visits, record and distribute detailed follow-up notes.
- Using event venue management software system, create and share internal event documents including BEOs and floorplans.
- Schedule facilities, security and other 3rd party vendors or services required for events.
- Coordinate complex logistics and insurance requirements with vendors, ensuring that deadlines are met.
- Meet and direct vendor deliveries on-site.
- Arrange and set up light catering for small member events.
- Support communication with clients in before, during and after events.
- Process event-related invoices, and ensure accurate accounting of expenses.
- Manage event-related supply inventories.
- Work events as needed, including evening and weekend hours.
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.