Senior Solutions Architect
Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified retailer focused on driving the performance of high-quality stores and their Omni-channel platforms, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings. Founded in 1670, HBC is the longest continually operating company in North America. HBC’s portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with 239 stores and more than 22,000 employees around the world. HBC’s leading businesses across North America include Saks Fifth Avenue, Hudson’s Bay, and Saks OFF 5TH.
HBC also has significant investments in joint ventures. It has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBS Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States. In Canada, it has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture, and in Europe, it has partnered with SIGNA Retail Holdings for real estate and retail joint ventures.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
What This Position Is All About:
The Senior Solutions Architect is design of the end-to-end solution and functional architecture in alignment with Business requirements, Digital Guidelines and Industry Leading practices; drives solution standardization.
Who You Are:
- You get things done by engaging in high level teamwork and flexing your interpersonal skills
- You can communicate effectively with a variety of internal senior managers
- You can work independently without concern, stay self-motivated and always meet your deadlines
You Also Have:
- 5+ years of solution architecture experience
- Experience with a variety of modern technologies/approaches including event-based architecture, cloud-based deployments, SQL & NOSQL databases, REST/API/Microservices first applications.
- Experience with many aspects of architecture, including mobile and web application design, data modelling and database design, security and infrastructure.
- The ability to quickly evaluate options, make decisions and execute within an intense technology environment with multiple stakeholders
- Strong analytical, consultative, and team communication / facilitative skills with solid written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in Cloud Computing and Public Cloud Platforms: GCP, Snowflake, Microsoft Azure and AWS
- Working knowledge of retail concepts and applications.
- Business or product leadership experience
- Familiarity with design thinking and customer centric design
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.