Senior Manager, Accounting & Reporting
Day in the Life:
This position oversees the accounting and financial reporting functions for HBC’s Canadian corporate and Hudson’s Bay (HB) store operations ensuring the accuracy, completeness and integrity of financial data. This role has accountability for all aspects of the accounting process including; General Accounting and Reporting, Loyalty/Gift Card Accounting, legal entity financial statements and supporting other finance departments such as tax and financial planning and analysis.
What You Will Do:
- Develop, lead and monitor a culture of high efficiency and growth and provide a results and customer oriented corporate accounting and reporting service
- Maintain a strong working relationship between the onshore and offshore accounting teams
- Oversee the month end close and financial reporting process for Canadian corporate and HB operations as well as tax structure entities and ensure adherence to close schedule and timelines
- Own the general ledger (primary focused on balance sheet) of the Canadian corporate and HB store operations ensuring balances are maintained appropriately for all transactions to support decision making
- Be responsible for identifying and investigating significant variances and trends, communicating with other finance functions (Sales audit, Accounts payable, Inventory, Tax etc.) to reconcile differences
- Be responsible for legal entity financial statement for tax and consolidation purposes
- Collaborate with finance teams and business partners to provide support and guidance on change management related to policies, procedures, and reporting systems
- Support internal / external audits as required (respond to requests for information, analyze reports, etc.)
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, and conduct annual performance reviews.
- Complete ad hoc projects and investigations based on company transactions, audits and initiatives, as required
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor Degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent field of study
- Accounting Designation (Chartered Public Accountant – CPA (CA, CMA, CGA))
- 7+ years of work experience in public accounting and/or industry accounting
- Strong technical accounting skills with experience working with IFRS and/or US GAAP
- ERP system, Oracle Fusion, Hyperion experience an asset
- Excellent organization and communication skills and strong attention to detail
What You Can Expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Associate discount up to 40% including top brands
- Flexible work environment that allows for work-life balance
HBC is a holding company of investments and businesses at the intersection of technology, retail operations and real estate.
It is the majority owner of iconic ecommerce companies: Saks, a leading online destination for luxury fashion, and Saks OFF 5TH, a premier luxury off-price ecommerce company offering top brands at the best prices. Both businesses were established as separate operating companies in 2021. HBC also wholly owns Hudson’s Bay, Canada’s preeminent multi-category retailer, as well as SFA, the entity that operates Saks Fifth Avenue’s physical locations, and O5, the operating company for Saks OFF 5TH stores.
With assets spanning top markets and prime locations across North America, HBC owns or controls — either entirely or with joint venture partners — approximately 40 million square feet of gross leasable area. HBC Properties and Investments, the company’s real estate and investments portfolio business, manages these assets along with additional real estate offerings, including Streetworks Development, its property development division.
Founded in 1670, HBC is North America’s longest continually operating company and is headquartered in New York and Toronto.
Interested in Social Media?
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.