Construction Manager - Streetworks
Day in the Life:
The Streetworks Development team manages the development process from inception through the delivery of each project. Team members have a penchant for complex problem solving, working in fast-paced, ever-changing environments, and have a strong passion for working with people.
The responsibilities of the Construction Manager include successfully planning and executing construction/renovation projects for a diverse portfolio of mixed-use assets. Position duties include managing comprehensive scopes of work; directing external consultants; cost estimating; analyzing proposals; contract preparation and management; vendor, contractor and/or subcontractor vetting and oversight; project scheduling, document and budget management. The responsibilities include coordinating with multiple project teams and senior executives for all phases of the development from the time of initial due diligence through stabilized occupancy.
What You Will Do:
- Support the VP of Construction by developing preliminary budgets, analyzing sites and scopes, providing due diligence, assisting in entitlements, and managing the pre-construction/development process
- Prepare cost estimates for the scope of work utilizing quantities, proposals, historical information and general unit pricing knowledge
- Provide value engineering options where possible
- Prepare contractor bid packages and upon receipt, analyze for adherence to design, quantities, qualifications, and costs as compared to preliminary analysis and budget
- Manage GC selection and bidding process, including review of contracts, timelines, value engineering and contingency planning
- Thoroughly review and approve contracts, RFIs and project change order requests
- Manage the overall construction process to include obtaining necessary permits or required jurisdictional documentation
- Schedule and conduct construction progress meetings
- Coordinate with Project Teams on construction issues
- Review all work and ensure compliance with plans and specifications, building codes and company standards
- Approve all contractors’ requisitions for work complete including progress payments, retention etc.
- Support the Leasing team by developing LODs & budgets for proposed TI projects and detailed scopes of work for lease documents
- Manage the closing of all projects including securing all required closing deliverables
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s in Architecture, Engineering, Construction, and/or related field required
- 6-8 years of relevant construction management experience
- Previous experience in construction with an established track record of success.
- Strong understanding of construction methodologies and business acumen
- Technical understanding of demolition, wall systems, doors, frames, hardware, glass, acoustical, civil activities, electrical, MEP and HVAC, plumbing, Fire & Life Safety Systems, sprinkler systems, aesthetics, flooring, millwork, special building features and amenities
- Full working knowledge of sustainability initiatives (Energy Star, Leed, Green Buildings, Resiliency and Passive House
- Ability to determine material and labor costs (Union & Non-Union), negotiate, and advise on staffing needs
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work autonomously, anticipate needs, manage stakeholders and competing priorities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and MS Project software required, experience in ACAD or other drawing software helpful
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What You Can Expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Associate discount including top brands
- Flexible work environment that allows for work-life balance
HBC is a holding company of investments and businesses at the intersection of technology, retail operations and real estate.
It is the majority owner of iconic ecommerce companies: Saks, a leading online destination for luxury fashion, and Saks OFF 5TH, a premier luxury off-price ecommerce company offering top brands at the best prices. Both businesses were established as separate operating companies in 2021. HBC also wholly owns Hudson’s Bay, Canada’s preeminent multi-category retailer, as well as SFA, the entity that operates Saks Fifth Avenue’s physical locations, and O5, the operating company for Saks OFF 5TH stores.
With assets spanning top markets and prime locations across North America, HBC owns or controls — either entirely or with joint venture partners — approximately 40 million square feet of gross leasable area. HBC Properties and Investments, the company’s real estate and investments portfolio business, manages these assets along with additional real estate offerings, including Streetworks Development, its property development division.
Founded in 1670, HBC is North America’s longest continually operating company and is headquartered in New York and Toronto.
Interested in Social Media?
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.