Senior Architectural Designer - Streetworks
Day in the Life:
The Senior Architectural Designer takes on all graphical problems in 2D, 3D and in application to the physical space working both with the Physical and Market filters respectively. The Senior Architectural Designer is tasked to research, design, and prototype the look and feel of both digital and non-digital products, making products more intuitive, easy to read and aesthetically competent. Experience to work with diverse platforms including Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office and UI/UX platforms. Provides 2D and 3D visualizations and Computer Aided Design and Building Information Modeling at a planning level (CAD/BIM) to support the overall design and development teams. Perform intelligence product formatting and presentation support, and apply technical expertise and support to portray, publish, and share the critical layers of project data and key analysis. Ability to quickly grasp the major concepts underlying each effort and craft into and translate into a physical application – whether it’s digital presentations, printed booklets, or environmental graphics and signage, or leasing center or preview center. The ability to present and explain process utilizing relevant real estate language with an expertise in copywriting. This position requires someone with exhibition design expertise.
What You Will Do:
- Create presentation decks (PowerPoint, InDesign and Web) to allow the Physical Filter to represent and cultivate the Streetworks art of storytelling in both 2D and 3D formats including still and animated presentations and video. Maintains, creates and edit project presentation decks, animations and renderings. Regularly supports senior leadership.
- Develop innovative concepts and stay up to date with key visualization trends while embodying the classic methodologies of graphic representation. Research and create information packages to convey information from real estate development to municipalities and investors.
- Support Market and Physical filter while collaborating with other filters in their respective efforts, with coordination of content and data as it’s iterated in a fast-paced real estate development context.
- Lead and develop the execution of Pre-Leasing and Preview Centers through exhibits print material, digital material and innovative branding supported by great story telling.
What You Will Need:
- Experience in marketing center/pre-leasing center design preferred
- 10 years of graphic design, architectural modeling and rendering, with proven exhibition/leasing center experience.
- Knowledge of real estate development is a huge plus but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Program Expertise: Microsoft Office (Word/PowerPoint), Revit (BIM), Enscape (Rendering), Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, After Effects and Premiere).
- Experience in UI/UX design and animations is a huge plus but not required.
- Environmental Graphics Experience required.
- A portfolio is required for application with a resume and cover letter
What You Can Expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Associate discount including top brands
- Flexible work environment that allows for work-life balance
HBC is a holding company of investments and businesses at the intersection of technology, retail operations and real estate.
It is the majority owner of iconic ecommerce companies: Saks, a leading online destination for luxury fashion, and Saks OFF 5TH, a premier luxury off-price ecommerce company offering top brands at the best prices. Both businesses were established as separate operating companies in 2021. HBC also wholly owns Hudson’s Bay, Canada’s preeminent multi-category retailer, as well as SFA, the entity that operates Saks Fifth Avenue’s physical locations, and O5, the operating company for Saks OFF 5TH stores.
With assets spanning top markets and prime locations across North America, HBC owns or controls — either entirely or with joint venture partners — approximately 40 million square feet of gross leasable area. HBC Properties and Investments, the company’s real estate and investments portfolio business, manages these assets along with additional real estate offerings, including Streetworks Development, its property development division.
Founded in 1670, HBC is North America’s longest continually operating company and is headquartered in New York and Toronto.
Interested in Social Media?
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.