Senior Manager, Data & Production Management
Day in the Life:
As the Sr. Manager of Data & Production Management, you will be relied on for the successful day-to-day operation of HBC’s enterprise data warehouse and reporting environments. You will be relied on as a SME for the Company’s stakeholders, maximizing and planning the utilization and architecture of the new data platform and systems. You will oversee Production Support ensuring efficiencies and optimizations are constantly being looked for, along with issue management in a timely manner.
What You Will Do:
- Accountable for day-to-day operations of the data platform, including data ingestion, cleansing, ETL processes, alerting, and reporting
- Continuously improve existing processes and infrastructure based on industry best practices
- Maintain documentation of the environment including schemas and architecture diagrams
- Partner with IT leadership of projects or programs to prioritize based on the requirements of the organization, the recommended technology solution and the estimated effort and resources required to satisfy both project execution and tracking
- Maintain vendor relationships and any related production support contracts
- Provide accountability for the financial management and budgeting process for resources
- Provide monitoring of production assets, ensuring timely problem resolution and efficiency monitoring
- Primary contact point for all Executive Reporting communications, SLA miss mitigation and notifications
- Responsible for managing all day to day activities for a team of individual production support engineers spanning cross-site locations.
- Direct activities, assign responsibilities, set expectations and motivate team members toward achieving program/project objectives
- Provide input into vendor negotiations and manage vendor within defined con
- This person is a decision maker who will arbitrate conflicting needs, consult with support teams and ensure alignment with change management and release policies.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of project management and departmental processes
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics or Science/Engineering
- Minimum 7 years integration and DW architecture experience, including 3-5 years managing a team
- Process mapping, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with networks, databases, servers and cloud based technologies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong professional presence both with the customer and internal departments
- Strong organization, planning and time management skills
- Proficient software skills in Microsoft Office suit of applications
- Flexible team player
What You Can Expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Associate discount including top brands
- Flexible work environment that allows for work-life balance
HBC is a holding company of investments and businesses at the intersection of technology, retail operations and real estate.
It is the majority owner of iconic ecommerce companies: Saks, a leading online destination for luxury fashion, and Saks OFF 5TH, a premier luxury off-price ecommerce company offering top brands at the best prices. Both businesses were established as separate operating companies in 2021. HBC also wholly owns Hudson’s Bay, Canada’s preeminent multi-category retailer, as well as SFA, the entity that operates Saks Fifth Avenue’s physical locations, and O5, the operating company for Saks OFF 5TH stores.7
With assets spanning top markets and prime locations across North America, HBC owns or controls — either entirely or with joint venture partners — approximately 40 million square feet of gross leasable area. HBC Properties and Investments, the company’s real estate and investments portfolio business, manages these assets along with additional real estate offerings, including Streetworks Development, its property development division.
Founded in 1670, HBC is North America’s longest continually operating company and is headquartered in New York and Toronto.
Interested in Social Media?
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.