Jr. Designer - Streetworks
Day in the Life:
The Junior/Midlevel/Senior Designer will work in collaboration with Real Estate and Development teams to deliver on and execute ideas through drawings and renderings in collaboration with the Director/DVP. Must be capable of three dimensional software utilized in marketplace. This role will play a role in repurposing real estate assets with design and new paradigms. The Junior/Midlevel/Senior Designer will be hired with a 90 Day Probation period. After a successful 90 Day period and review, the probationary period will end.
What You Will Do:
- Develop drawings renderings for new concepts to communicate information to senior executive team.
- Provide supporting documents and materials to leadership to assist them with presenting professional level communications tools to be presented by leadership to investors and media to help grow HBC Global business.
- Research new trends and ideas
- Maintain electronics resource library of current and archived products
- Manage self, others and external consultants
What You Will Need:
- Degree/In Pursuit of Degree in Architecture
- 4-8 Years of Experience
- Very strong rendering CAD skills, and 3D modeling software tools (Revit and Enscape)
- Strong 2-Dimensional drawings
- Strong computer rendering skills such Rinoceros and Revit
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Able to be a role model for staff
- Highly organized
- Presentation skills a must. Both computer aided and hand sketch formats. With particular focus on quick hand drawn sketches
- Ability to develop design concepts in detail
- Ability to be a valid contributor to the creative environment
- Ability to resolve complex technical and/or design issues
- Managing deliverables for deadlines
- Source new products
- Strong sense of aesthetics
What You Can Expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Associate discount including top brands
- Flexible work environment that allows for work-life balance
HBC is a holding company of investments and businesses at the intersection of technology, retail operations and real estate.
It is the majority owner of iconic ecommerce companies: Saks, a leading online destination for luxury fashion, and Saks OFF 5TH, a premier luxury off-price ecommerce company offering top brands at the best prices. Both businesses were established as separate operating companies in 2021. HBC also wholly owns Hudson’s Bay, Canada’s preeminent multi-category retailer, as well as SFA, the entity that operates Saks Fifth Avenue’s physical locations, and O5, the operating company for Saks OFF 5TH stores.7
With assets spanning top markets and prime locations across North America, HBC owns or controls — either entirely or with joint venture partners — approximately 40 million square feet of gross leasable area. HBC Properties and Investments, the company’s real estate and investments portfolio business, manages these assets along with additional real estate offerings, including Streetworks Development, its property development division.
Founded in 1670, HBC is North America’s longest continually operating company and is headquartered in New York and Toronto.
Interested in Social Media?
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.