Associate Relations Specialist
Day in the Life:
Reporting to the Manager, HR Service Group, the role of an Associate Relations Specialist is a partner to The Bay, the E-commerce business, and HRBP’s to drive solutions for employee and performance related issues. You will play an integral role in guiding what Associate Relations looks like while building relationships with senior business leaders.
What You Will Do:
- Act as a subject matter expert to provide guidance and advice to senior business leaders on employment, performance, and attendance related issues, in compliance with laws, legislation, and HR policies and standards
- Support HRBP’s and business leaders on conducting investigations in compliance with legislation and best practices, partnering directly with legal counsel where necessary
- Identify opportunities to develop educational materials, courses, and programs to the business
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of AR knowledge base, including Company policies and practices
- Identify gaps and efficiencies in ways of working to drive change and create process improvements
- Gather and analyze data metrics to provide insightful recommendations and strategies to HR teams
- Participate in special projects as needed
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of HR or business experience, preferably dealing with performance management or employee relations
- Knowledge of employment laws, legislation, and best practices
- Experience partnering and supporting senior business leaders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to deliver presentations
- Experience supporting E-commerce or start-up environments is an asset
- Experience utilizing Microsoft and/or Google suites
What You Can Expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Associate discount up to 40% including top brands
- Flexible work environment that allows for work-life balance
About The Bay:
The digital-first transformation of The Bay takes us to the next level, with significant focus on technology investment and innovation - including the creation of Technology Hubs, increased fulfillment capabilities, expanded marketing and extended vendor partnerships for a highly-curated assortment.
Since the introduction of Marketplace in April 2021, The Bay has introduced more than 1,500 new or expanded brands and more than 25,000 new products through the new Marketplace Technology platform, and continues to grow and innovate on thebay.com — currently the 6th largest e-commerce business in Canada.
The Bay and Hudson’s Bay will work collaboratively to continue delivering an enhanced and seamless customer experience.
Our Commitment to Building a Winning Culture:
As One Team we have re-established our internal behaviours and culture to ensure we all succeed. One Team provides the tools needed to shift our ways of working and creates change to become a purpose-driven, digital first business. Our 4 pillars for embracing One Team are: Always be Customer Champions, Performance and Purpose Driven, Keep it Simple & Change Agents.
Interested in Social Media?
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.