Day in the Life:
The Vice President of Marketplace will leverage their deep understanding of Marketplace to lead, develop and execute upon a multi-year growth strategy. This role will be accountable for building upon the current strategic vision and further shaping the roadmap to deliver our rapid growth goals. In addition to marketplace, this role will also be responsible for managing a complimentary vendor dropship program. The VP, Marketplace will report to the Chief Digital Officer and will be a key contributor to the overall Digital growth strategy and P&L. This role will actively support our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Framework by identifying new opportunities to increase the diversity of our products and brands, lead with inclusion to nurture a One Team culture, while supporting our ongoing commitments to remove barriers for our Associates and communities.
What You Will Do:
- Utilize your deep understanding of the marketplace landscape and industry best-practices to help identify and action growth opportunities.
- Understand the customer strategy and modeling; define the role marketplace plays in delivering our customer vision
- Understand the role Marketplace plays in our corporate growth strategy; build and execute a multi-year vision and roadmap that can deliver upon these goals and report on key progress and milestones.
- Develop expansion strategies that cater to repeat visitation, lifetime value and expanding our total addressable market
- Responsible for all marketplace operations, including product onboarding/optimization and the negotiation/management of commercial terms, e.g. commission rates
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop vendor services that will enhance the customer offering and improve our operational profitability.
- Establish a leading seller community with shared growth goals and an optimized integration process that promotes seller engagement.
- Drive seller performance through partnership with Marketing and Vendor Media teams to build a robust marketing and advertising network for our seller community
- Partner with the Product Management & Site Experience teams to design a customer centric and seamless shopping experience.
- Establish a strategic-partnership with the buying team to identify sellers that both enhance the existing assortment and address net new opportunities which would include growing and maintaining a robust pipeline of new sellers
- Partner with key cross-functional stakeholders (marketing, merchandising, logistics, call centre, digital) to ensure Marketplace is supported across all areas of the business.
- Ensure high quality content and product in our marketplace is aligned to our corporate branding guidelines and organizational vision.
- Lead the vendor dropship strategy and operations that include vendor onboarding, compliance and maintaining SLA’s/KPIs.
- Accountability for the marketplace and dropship exponential growth plans and P&L.
- Maintain and communicate a performance framework that will ensure we are effectively tracking towards our KPI’s.
- Further build upon and establish a high-performing marketplace team to support the vision
- Further expand a business development team that will relentlessly seek out and acquire the right sellers to support our expansion strategies.
What You Will Need:
- 10+ years of eCommerce experience
- Experience in running and managing a large-scale 3rd party marketplace offering
- Demonstrated experience of building and executing large -scale strategic initiatives and partnerships
- Experience managing and building high performance growth teams
- Successful at establishing and leveraging highly collaborative relationships with cross functional partners throughout the organization
- Strong in analytics and data-driven decision making
- Demonstrated thought leadership and ability to influence at all levels in the organization, up to and including the CEO
- Experience of operating within a multi-channel/multi-region brand and managing vendor relationships
- Experience with designing creative, quality consumer products, as well as enabling business capability and objectives through technology
- Education/Certification: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
What You Can Expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Associate discount up to 40% including top brands
- Flexible work environment that allows for work-life balance
About Hudson’s Bay:
Hudson’s Bay is a digital-first purpose-driven retailer helping Canadians live their best style of life. As one of the country’s most iconic brands, Hudson’s Bay operates over 80 full-line locations and thebay.com featuring Marketplace - the 5th largest e-commerce business in Canada. Hudson’s Bay has established a reputation for quality and style through an unrivalled assortment including fashion, designer, home, beauty, food concepts and more.
Hudson’s Bay operates under the HBC brand portfolio and founded in 1670, HBC is North America’s oldest company. The signature stripes are a registered trademark of HBC. The Hudson’s Bay Rewards members share their passion for living a colourful life, and get rewarded for doing the things that bring them joy.
Our Commitment to Building a Winning Culture:
As One Team we have re-established our internal behaviours and culture to ensure we all succeed. One Team provides the tools needed to shift our ways of working and creates change to become a purpose-driven, digital first business. Our 4 pillars for embracing One Team are: Always be Customer Champions, Performance and Purpose Driven, Keep it Simple & Change Agents.
Interested in Social Media?
Thank you for your interest in HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.