Procurement Analyst, Utilities - Contract
Day in the Life:
This role will be responsible for supporting all HBC portfolio companies’ utilities. This includes procuring utility services, utility bill processing and payments, and reconciliation of utility payments.
What You Will Do:
- Work cross-functionally with multiple teams to start, stop or transfer service for company locations and subleased tenants.
- Collaborate with energy Procurement Company to negotiate utility rates and energy contracts
- Reconcile weekly-consolidated invoices to general ledger files
- Conduct payment inquiry and research – reconciling bills processed payments to issued
- Liaise with the utility bill processor to resolve utility bill exceptions, deposit approvals, disconnection notices, and approval to process/pay bills
- Initiate wire payment requests with the treasury department and main wire payment logs
- Review monthly accrual files for anomalies and raise concerns with the accounting department and the utility bill processor
- Respond to utility inquiries and data requests
- Perform Ad-hoc analyses
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration
- 1+ years of experience in a finance or accounting related role; experience in procurement is a plus
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel and data analysis skills; comfortable using VLookup, Pivot tables, and intermediate to advance level formulas
- Strong analytical skills; the ability to synthesize data from multiple sources, and extract useful insights
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Experience in retails and exposure to working with utility companies is a plus
- Experience with Oracle Fusion ERP is a plus
HBC is a holding company of investments and businesses at the intersection of technology, retail operations and real estate.
It is the majority owner of iconic ecommerce companies: Saks, a leading online destination for luxury fashion, and Saks OFF 5TH, a premier luxury off-price ecommerce company offering top brands at the best prices. Both businesses were established as separate operating companies in 2021. HBC also wholly owns Hudson’s Bay, Canada’s preeminent multi-category retailer, as well as SFA, the entity that operates Saks Fifth Avenue’s physical locations, and O5, the operating company for Saks OFF 5TH stores.7
With assets spanning top markets and prime locations across North America, HBC owns or controls — either entirely or with joint venture partners — approximately 40 million square feet of gross leasable area. HBC Properties and Investments, the company’s real estate and investments portfolio business, manages these assets along with additional real estate offerings, including Streetworks Development, its property development division.
Founded in 1670, HBC is North America’s longest continually operating company and is headquartered in New York and Toronto.
Interested in Social Media?
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.