Test Engineer (4403)
Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified retailer focused on driving the performance of high-quality stores and their Omni-channel platforms, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings. Founded in 1670, HBC is the longest continually operating company in North America. HBC’s portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with 239 stores and more than 22,000 employees around the world. HBC’s leading businesses across North America include Saks Fifth Avenue, Hudson’s Bay, and Saks OFF 5TH.
HBC also has significant investments in joint ventures. It has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBS Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States. In Canada, it has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture, and in Europe, it has partnered with SIGNA Retail Holdings for real estate and retail joint ventures.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
What This Position Is All About:
As the Test Engineer, you will be responsible for creating data and creating and executing test procedures (test cases) based upon the test designs. You will also develop functional test cases as per established quality methodologies and processes and additional tests as needed to achieve the specified coverage level including Automation testing as required.
Who You Are:
- You utilize your strong communication skills to inspire, direct, and lead your team to meet all proposed deadlines
- A natural problem-solver, who is also intuitively analytical and creative
- You can work independently without concern, stay self-motivated and always meet your deadlines
You Also Have:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- A minimum 5 years’ experience testing web and/or mobile application development and multi-tier architecture solutions
- Focus on quality by writing their own clear, concise functional, end-to-end and integration tests
- Clear understanding of established test methodologies and techniques in use by the QA department
- Good problem solving and analytical skills as well as strong written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of the full software development life cycle preferably in an agile development shop
- Experience working closely and collaboratively with designers, systems engineers, and software engineers in a remote development environment
Nice to Have:
- Retail Ecommerce Experience
- Salesforce Commerce Cloud Experience
- Salesforce Service Cloud Experience
- Mobile Testing Experience
- Test Automation Experience
As The Test Engineer, You Will:
- Be responsible for accurately defining and executing test cases in multiple browsers and on multiple devices for:
- Functionality Testing
- Integration Testing
- Regression Testing
- Usability Testing
- UI Automation
- Automation testing
- Performance/Load testing
- Security/Vulnerability testing
- Determine inputs and outputs using analytical methods (equivalence tests, boundary conditions etc.)
- Execute SQL queries to retrieve data for test validation and verification
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of business concepts and system integration
- Ensure that test cases map to requirements and that the test cases will validate the requirement
- Create and execute test cases and document all test results as part of a larger quality assurance team and as per established QA policies and procedures
- Review the design and execution of test cases based upon business requirements and system requirements as done by others on the team.
- Develop comprehensive test strategies and designs for less complex areas of the product
- Determine test cases that need to be used for regression or that need to be developed.
- Where the need is required work in the role of Automation Tester. This includes the development of Automation test scripts and execution procedures.
- Oversee all test cases and procedures and make sure they are detailed and concise enough to support other people involved in testing and documentation of the functionality, as well as supporting future maintenance. Automation procedures will be developed to ensure other members of the team may utilize them as needed by specific projects.
- Participate in Defect Management which will include:
- Logging defects and providing mentorship to more junior members on logging defects
- Tracking defects associated with test results or customer issues, retesting defects as required and as assigned
- Working with developers to get defects resolved towards delivery of product releases
- Adding test cases to regression tests suites when bugs are tested
- Participating in team status meetings
- Providing status updates to the Director of IT Services interim Test Coordinator as needed
- Structuring his/her own tasks to deliver against schedule and alerts the Test Coordinator of any unplanned slippage as soon as it becomes evident.
- Ensuring reviews/inspections/approvals of test designs and test cases are completed
- Applying technical skills related to the product being tested (knowledge of programming languages to software QA, knowledge of machinery for hardware, etc.)
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance.
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount.
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.