Senior Financial Analyst, Accounting & Reporting
Day in the Life:
The Senior Financial Analyst – Accounting supports the banner accounting and finance processes to ensure all monthly/quarterly functions are completed accurately and on time within company policy. This is a senior accounting role, and the incumbent will be responsible for handling more complex accounting transactions and reconciliations to provide coaching and guidance to junior team members and to the offshore accounting team.
What You Will Do:
- Actively participate in the month end close process to ensure accurate and timely financial statements
- Approve weekly, monthly, and quarterly accounting journal entries
- Complete monthly intercompany reconciliations
- Approve monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist in various project and ad hoc requests
- Coach overseas and junior team members
- Provide support to our internal key stakeholders in Treasury, Tax, Legal, FP&A, etc.
- Support the banner external and internal audit process
- Work with counterparts in other banners to develop common processes for accounting / close processes to drive efficiency and cost effectiveness
- Assist with ad-hoc projects and analysis to support Corporate activities
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree, with business or accounting background required
- Professional accounting designation (CPA, CA/CMA/CGA) an asset (or in process of obtaining designation)
- 3+ years of experience in Accounting and Finance
- Ability to adapt and work in a team environment
- Experience with IFRS and US GAAP
- Experience with complex accounting, internal controls, financial systems, and processes
- Experience with accounting monthly and quarterly close process
- Require to be proficient in Microsoft Excel and having a working knowledge of and Oracle GL / Oracle Fusions, Hyperion Financial Management, Hyperion Essbase is an asset
What You Can Expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Associate discount up to 40% including top brands
- Flexible work environment that allows for work-life balance
HBC is a holding company of investments and businesses at the intersection of technology, retail operations and real estate.
It is the majority owner of iconic ecommerce companies: Saks, a leading online destination for luxury fashion, and Saks OFF 5TH, a premier luxury off-price ecommerce company offering top brands at the best prices. Both businesses were established as separate operating companies in 2021. HBC also wholly owns Hudson’s Bay, Canada’s preeminent multi-category retailer, as well as SFA, the entity that operates Saks Fifth Avenue’s physical locations, and O5, the operating company for Saks OFF 5TH stores.7
With assets spanning top markets and prime locations across North America, HBC owns or controls — either entirely or with joint venture partners — approximately 40 million square feet of gross leasable area. HBC Properties and Investments, the company’s real estate and investments portfolio business, manages these assets along with additional real estate offerings, including Streetworks Development, its property development division.
Founded in 1670, HBC is North America’s longest continually operating company and is headquartered in New York and Toronto.
Interested in Social Media?
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.