Solutions Architect (4249)
Day in the Life:
The Solutions Architect role will be responsible for defining, building, and delivering technical solutions for the Hudson’s Bay Digital Technology team. Maintain the long-term technical vision alongside the day-to-day execution of new features on the Hudson’s Bay eCommerce site.
What You Will Do:
- Work closely with our business partners to understand business requirements and provide an innovative and efficient solution
- Work closely with various technology teams (Development, Infrastructure, PMO, etc.) to define and implement elegant, scalable and sustainable technical solutions using the Salesforce technologies
- Design and implement technical solutions to satisfy functional and non-functional requirements while ensuring quality and timely delivery
- Lead the development team to design and implement innovative solutions with a focus on adhering to standards, best practices, and code quality techniques
- Conceptualize, architect and design solutions for customers that meet customer business objectives, cost, timeline, quality and MVP
- Maintain thorough subject matter expertise of the functionality and solution architecture
- Partner with other architects, vendors, partners, business and technical teams to understand business needs and translate them into capability/platform roadmaps and work toward realizing the roadmaps
- Help with triaging and fixing defects for the planned releases and production
- Assist with Salesforce platform management tasks such as app evaluations, profiles/org hierarchy design, integration with other systems, capacity planning, defining SLA measurements, etc.
- Create and enable best practices, governance measures, and patterns for custom and configured solutions on the Salesforce platform.
- Make good, informed decisions around technical debt, 3rd party tools, and tradeoffs
What You Will Need:
- A minimum of 10+ years of relevant development experience
- Experience in architecture and performance optimization of highly scalable ecommerce platforms
- Knowledge of (and a passion for) current trends and best practices in programming, including performance, accessibility and security.
- Experience with modern frameworks like Angular or React and Debugging tools (Chrome Dev tools, Etc)
- Experience with Java coding language
- Familiarity with MVC pattern
- Strong experience with CSS & Preprocessor (Sass, Less)
- GIT knowledge
- Experience with package managers like NPM
- Experience with writing unit tests
- Experience with build tools such as Gulp/Webpack
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Experience with Typescript
What You Can Expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Associate discount up to 40% including top brands
- Flexible work environment that allows for work-life balance
About The Bay
As North America’s oldest startup and Canada’s purpose-driven digital marketplace, The Bay is on a high-growth mission to rewrite the rules of retail to help Canadians live a colourful life. If you believe in the power of our iconic brand and thrive on problem solving at scale, we want you to join our team.
At The Bay, smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value ambitious work and great ideas grounded in data and insights. We are looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, embrace change and are looking to make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We are building a digital-first company and brand for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to reach our potential. We strongly encourage applications from everyone to come and join a winning team that supports diverse thinking and demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision every day.
Interested in Social Media?
Thank you for your interest in The Bay. We look forward to reviewing your application.
The Bay provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Bay complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The Bay welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.