Solutions Architect (4249)
Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified retailer focused on driving the performance of high-quality stores and their Omni-channel platforms, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings. Founded in 1670, HBC is the longest continually operating company in North America. HBC’s portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with 239 stores and more than 22,000 employees around the world. HBC’s leading businesses across North America include Saks Fifth Avenue, Hudson’s Bay, and Saks OFF 5TH.
HBC also has significant investments in joint ventures. It has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBS Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States. In Canada, it has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture, and in Europe, it has partnered with SIGNA Retail Holdings for real estate and retail joint ventures.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
What This Position Is All About:
The Commerce Cloud Architect role will be responsible for defining, building, and delivering technical solutions for the Hudson’s Bay Digital Technology team. Maintain the long-term technical vision alongside the day-to-day execution of new features on the Hudson’s Bay eCommerce site.
Who You Are:
- You are an expert communicator, with the special ability to build strong business relationships beyond your immediate team
- You have been described by past peers and managers as having “strong leadership skills” and “excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills”
- You are an experienced leader, who has no hesitation delegating and directing team members as needed, and driving timely execution of discussed strategies and initiatives
- Your leadership presence and business acumen are unapologetically clear for all to see
You Also Have:
- A minimum of 10+ years of relevant Ecommerce or Enterprise-level development experience
- Experience in architecture and performance optimization of highly scalable ecommerce platforms
- Salesforce Commerce Cloud Experience
- A certification as a SFCC Architect, Advanced Developer and/or Developer (strongly preferred)
- Knowledge of (and a passion for) current trends and best practices in programming, including performance, accessibility and security.
- Experience with modern frameworks like Angular or React and Debugging tools (Chrome Dev tools, Etc)
- Familiarity with MVC pattern
- Strong experience with CSS & Preprocessor (Sass, Less)
- Experience with Site & Page Caching, JS Controlling, DS Script, Service Framework, Pipelines, Jobs, Jobs Schedule, OCAPI, Catalog Categories, Price Book, Data feeds
- Experience with ISML, ISML Tags, SFCC Forms, Content assets, Campaigns & Promotions
- GIT knowledge
- Experience with package managers like NPM
- Experience with writing unit tests
- Experience with build tools such as Gulp/Webpack
- Experience in SFCC Business Manager configuration
- Experience in Commerce Cloud SFRA site architecture
- Experience working with SFCC Open Commerce API (OCAPI)
- Experience designing and developing SFCC cartridges and 3rd party integrations; Integrate third party LINK cartridges
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Experience with Typescript
As The Commerce Cloud Architect, You Will:
- Work closely with our business partners to understand business requirements and provide an innovative and efficient solution
- Work closely with various technology teams (Development, Infrastructure, PMO, etc.) to define and implement elegant, scalable and sustainable technical solutions using the Salesforce technologies
- Design and implement technical solutions to satisfy functional and non-functional requirements while ensuring quality and timely delivery
- Lead the development team to design and implement innovative solutions with a focus on adhering to standards, best practices, and code quality techniques
- Conceptualize, architect and design solutions for customers that meet customer business objectives, cost, timeline, quality and MVP
- Maintain thorough subject matter expertise of the functionality and solution architecture
- Partner with other architects, vendors, partners, business and technical teams to understand business needs and translate them into capability/platform roadmaps and work toward realizing the roadmaps
- Help with triaging and fixing defects for the planned releases and production
- Assist with Salesforce platform management tasks such as app evaluations, profiles/org hierarchy design, integration with other systems, capacity planning, defining SLA measurements, etc.
- Create and enable best practices, governance measures, and patterns for custom and configured solutions on the Salesforce platform.
- Make good, informed decisions around technical debt, 3rd party tools, and tradeoffs
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance.
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount.
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.