Software Engineer Lead (4392)
Day in the Life:
As the Lead Digital Engineer, you will be responsible for defining, building, and delivering technical solutions for the Hudson’s Bay Digital Technology team. You will maintain the long-term technical vision alongside the day-to-day execution of new features on the Hudson’s Bay eCommerce site. This role will have direct reports. Time will be spent managing the team and executing new features and defect resolution. This position reports directly to the Engineering Manager, Digital.
What You Will Do:
- Work alongside engineering, product, design, and business counterparts to understand requirements and collaborate on technical solutions
- Serve as technical lead over engineers to direct work, oversee development, coordinate activities, testing, and deployment
- Translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architectures and designs
- Design, develop, test, and deploy software that is highly scalable and supports defined business requirements
- Perform Code Reviews and develop team-wide development standards and practices
- Oversee development of technical documentation, including functional and non-functional specifications, implementation and operational support documentation.
- Contribute to the team culture in a positive way by mentoring junior developers and being an eager collaborator
- Make good, informed decisions around technical debt, 3rd party tools, and tradeoffs
What You Will Need:
- A minimum of 7+ years of relevant development experience
- Experience in architecture and performance optimization of highly scalable ecommerce platforms
- Knowledge of (and a passion for) current trends and best practices in programming, including performance, accessibility and security.
- Experience with modern frameworks like Angular or React and Debugging tools (Chrome Dev tools, Etc.)
- Experience with Java coding language
- Familiarity with MVC pattern
- Strong experience with CSS & Preprocessor (Sass, Less)
- Site & Page Caching, JS Controlling, DS Script, Service Framework, Pipelines, Jobs, Jobs Schedule, OCAPI, Catalog Categories, Price Book, Data feeds
- ISML, ISML Tags, SFCC Forms, Content assets, Campaigns & Promotions
- GIT knowledge
- Experience with package managers like NPM
- Experience with writing unit tests
- Experience with build tools such as Gulp/Webpack
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge in SFCC Business Manager configuration
- Salesforce Commerce Cloud Experience
- Experience in Commerce Cloud SFRA site architecture
- Experience working with SFCC Open Commerce API (OCAPI)
- Experience designing and developing SFCC cartridges and 3rd party integrations; Integrate third party LINK cartridges
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Familiarity with Typescript
What You Can Expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Associate discount up to 40% including top brands
- Flexible work environment that allows for work-life balance
About The Bay
As North America’s oldest startup and Canada’s purpose-driven digital marketplace, The Bay is on a high-growth mission to rewrite the rules of retail to help Canadians live a colourful life. If you believe in the power of our iconic brand and thrive on problem solving at scale, we want you to join our team.
At The Bay, smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value ambitious work and great ideas grounded in data and insights. We are looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, embrace change and are looking to make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We are building a digital-first company and brand for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to reach our potential. We strongly encourage applications from everyone to come and join a winning team that supports diverse thinking and demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision every day.
Interested in Social Media?
Thank you for your interest in The Bay. We look forward to reviewing your application.
The Bay provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Bay complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The Bay welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.