Analyst, Properties & Investments
Day in the Life:
The Properties & Investment Analyst position at HBC is involved in all strategic decisions including M&A, capital markets, capital allocation and asset management across HBC’s portfolio of real estate, eCommerce companies and retail operations.
What You Will Do:
- Underwrite and advise on HBC’s multi-billion dollar Real Estate investment and development strategy
- Analyze and execute M&A and capital markets transactions
- Have the opportunity to be a part of various strategic initiatives, growth opportunities and ad hoc projects
- Asset management across Hudson Bay Company’s portfolio of assets
- Build, operate and maintain financial models and valuation analysis
- Support Investor relations and Bank and/or Lender discussions
- Communicate progress of the company’s initiatives via presentations to senior leadership
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic understanding of finance and accounting
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Ability to build and operate 3-statement financial models to analyze M&A, LBO and investment opportunities
- The ability to perform valuation analysis and make capital allocation and strategic decisions
- A clear, concise and transparent communication style
- The ability to work well in a team environment
- Experience working with senior leadership teams
What You Can Expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Associate discount up to 40% including top brands
- Flexible work environment that allows for work-life balance
HBC is a holding company of investments and businesses at the intersection of technology, retail operations and real estate.
It is the majority owner of iconic ecommerce companies: Saks, a leading online destination for luxury fashion, and Saks OFF 5TH, a premier luxury off-price ecommerce company offering top brands at the best prices. Both businesses were established as separate operating companies in 2021. HBC also wholly owns Hudson’s Bay, Canada’s preeminent multi-category retailer, as well as SFA, the entity that operates Saks Fifth Avenue’s physical locations, and O5, the operating company for Saks OFF 5TH stores.
With assets spanning top markets and prime locations across North America, HBC owns or controls — either entirely or with joint venture partners — approximately 40 million square feet of gross leasable area. HBC Properties and Investments, the company’s real estate and investments portfolio business, manages these assets along with additional real estate offerings, including Streetworks Development, its property development division.
Founded in 1670, HBC is North America’s longest continually operating company and is headquartered in New York and Toronto.
Our Commitment to Building a Winning Culture:
As One Team we have re-established our internal behaviours and culture to ensure we all succeed. One Team provides the tools needed to shift our ways of working and creates change to become a purpose-driven, digital first business. Our 4 pillars for embracing One Team are: Always be Customer Champions, Performance and Purpose Driven, Keep it Simple & Change Agents.
Interested in Social Media?
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.