License Millwright / Electrician
What This Position is All About
This position is responsible for the repair and maintenance of mechanical and electrical equipment at HBC's Digital Commerce Fulfillment Centre to ensure an optimum level of performance.
Who You Are:
- Capability to read and understand electrical diagrams, blueprints, procedure manuals, operating and maintenance manuals.
- Strong understanding of health and safety requirements related to maintenance in a distribution environment.
- Must be able to prioritize and meet deadlines while working with minimal supervision and proven ability to work productively in a team environment.
- Strong sense of urgency and the capacity to accomplish results under pressure and ability to take initiative when required.
You Also Have:
- Must be a Licensed Mechanic (Millwright, Industrial, or Automotive certified)
- Satisfactory completion of company mechanical and electrical tests will be required
- Strong knowledge of conveyors, mechanical, electrical and pneumatic systems, high and low voltage systems.
As The License Mechanic (Millwright / Electrician), You Will:
- Work from a task driven work order system performing preventative maintenance with a strong priority directed toward sortation and conveyor systems.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot mechanical breakdowns and control issues of various systems and equipment within the facility.
- General building maintenance including but not limited to repair of equipment such as forklifts, conveyors, sortation system, battery changers, picking and put away carts, workstations and minor electrical and plumbing work.
- Testing of fire and sprinkler systems.
- Provide training and assistance to other associates.
- Routine housekeeping in the facility.
- Perform special projects as assigned by the department supervisor and building management.
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance.
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount.
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.