Technology Analyst - End User Support
Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified retailer focused on driving the performance of high-quality stores and their Omni-channel platforms, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings. Founded in 1670, HBC is the longest continually operating company in North America. HBC’s portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with 239 stores and more than 22,000 employees around the world. HBC’s leading businesses across North America include Saks Fifth Avenue, Hudson’s Bay, and Saks OFF 5TH.
HBC also has significant investments in joint ventures. It has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBS Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States. In Canada, it has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture, and in Europe, it has partnered with SIGNA Retail Holdings for real estate and retail joint ventures.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment.
What This Position is All About
We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with experience supporting Windows & MAC end users to work within the EUS team to provide Desktop support for the HBC corporate users. The selected candidate must “live and breathe” technology with in-depth understanding and working knowledge of the Microsoft and Macintosh platforms. Candidate must be familiar with administration and support of both MAC and Windows OS.
Work in: general support across the board, specialized knowledge base for expertise in specific areas (go-tos).
Who You Are:
- You can work independently without concern, stay self-motivated and always meet your deadlines.
- You have a proven ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- You understand the value of being proactive and solution-oriented.
- You have a can-do attitude and act with your internal customers' needs in mind.
You also have:
- Related Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Relevant industry certifications are a plus (i.e., MCSE, A+, etc.).
- In- Depth understanding of AV systems, Cisco, Google Hangouts, TMS, Crestron and presentation methods.
- 1-2 years of experience with AV systems and support
- Prior Experience with audio visual support in a corporate setting
- Familiarity with administration and support of both MAC and Windows OS.
- Experience with Google's G-Suite is a plus
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to present ideas in a business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Ability to deal with complex situations
- Ability to quickly analyze, resolve and/or communicate high impact issues
- Ability to achieve results through collaboration
As the Technology Analyst, you will:
- Receive and handle requests for support following agreed procedures. Respond to requests for support by providing information to enable incident resolution and promptly allocate unresolved calls as appropriate. Maintain records and advise relevant persons of actions taken.
- Investigate problems in systems and services and assist with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures including the maintenance of AV systems in teaching areas.
- Provide service and support to clients that phone in with questions or concerns regarding audio/visual services provided by Media Services.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of AV technologies, like Cisco codecs, Google Chromebox with hangouts, and all other AV peripherals
- Work with AV vendor to ensure that all escalations sent to them are addressed in a timely fashion.
- Monitor and support on site vendor support as needed
- Must work equally well in both independent and team environments and be flexible and adaptable to constantly changing environment and client needs.
- Availability for after hours, weekend, and holiday work is required depending on work volume, outages, and emergency situations.
- Maintain proper documentation and ticket handling for all issues as they are opened and resolved.
- Maintain Knowledge base and how-to documentation as the need arises.
- Work with vendors on special project collaborations.
- Assist in the delivery of specific projects when required, drawing on available resources to provide recommendations, designs, costing, deployment and technical testing.
- Take responsibility for own workload and keep others informed, highlighting potential problems and suggesting solutions to ensure continuity of service delivery.
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount