Lead, Platform Support (4356)
Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified retailer focused on driving the performance of high-quality stores and their Omni-channel platforms, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings. Founded in 1670, HBC is the longest continually operating company in North America. HBC’s portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with 239 stores and more than 22,000 employees around the world. HBC’s leading businesses across North America include Saks Fifth Avenue, Hudson’s Bay, and Saks OFF 5TH.
HBC also has significant investments in joint ventures. It has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBS Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States. In Canada, it has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture, and in Europe, it has partnered with SIGNA Retail Holdings for real estate and retail joint ventures.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
What This Position Is All About:
The purpose of this role is to lead the support team for the Lead, Platform Support at HBC. This person will be working closely with a team of data engineers and business analysts to productionize projects that drive growth and support our business partners. As a leader of the support team, there will be opportunities to shape this team and drive initiatives that improve on the strong foundation already in place. This person will be responsible for maintaining our Airflow DAGs, monitoring executive reporting, scheduling dags, and overall ownership of the platform. Knowledge of Snowflake/Airflow/Python and AWS/Azure Cloud Environments is required.
Who You Are:
- You are a respected and proven thought leader with a quantifiable track record of success in delivering results within a large complex organization.
- You are a natural problem-solver, who is also intuitively analytical and creative
You Also Have:
- Experience with Airflow and Snowflake in an AWS/Azure Cloud Environment
- Experience leading a production support team
- The ability to create and implement ETL controls such as self-healing processes, triggers, alerts, etc.
- Strong communication skills
You May Have:
- Retail experience
As The Lead, Platform Support, You Will:
- Support production processes within Data Streams teams
- Support outages, delays, & major deployments within Data Streams environment
- Enforce standards and discipline in documentation and structured development
- Create new processes to improve the performance of the Data Streams environment
- Define SLAs
- Issue resolution & ticket handling for production datasets and dags
- Partner with data engineering to continuously improve our stable, robust infrastructure and processes
- Communicate with business stakeholders & support business partnership
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance.
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount.
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.