What This Position is All About
This position provides maintenance services as needed and/or assigned; assisting in a wide variety of maintenance activities; addressing immediate operational and/or safety concerns; assisting skilled trades; and ensuring that tools, materials and vehicles are maintained in good working order and are available at job site when needed.
As The General Maintenance Associate, You Will:
- Assist skilled maintenance workers with projects (e.g. transporting and/or securing materials, completing specific tasks, etc.) for the purpose of completing projects in a safe, efficient manner.
- Clean buildings and grounds areas as needed and/or assigned for the purpose of providing an effective working environment, preventing damage and/or limiting liability exposure.
- Coordinate with skilled tradesmen and/or assigned supervisor(s) for the purpose of completing projects and work orders efficiently.
- Install system component parts, classroom and office equipment and facility components (e.g. lighting, heating and ventilating systems, alarms, plumbing, security, electrical panels, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and workable environment.
- Maintain assigned vehicle, tools and equipment for the purpose of ensuring availability in safe operating condition.
- Perform a wide variety of general and semiskilled maintenance activities (e.g. carpentry, painting, electrical, etc.) for the purpose of completing projects within established time frames.
- Prepare written materials (e.g. repair status, activity logs, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and/or conveying information.
- Repair furniture and building system components for the purpose of ensuring a safe working condition.
- Respond to emergency situations during and after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Perform other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance.
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount.
• Minimum of some post-secondary education. Prefer candidate with technical diploma. 3-5 years of experience in a retail, wholesale, or direct to consumer inventory control function, preferably in an automated environment.
• Able to perform multiple tasks with a need to upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions.
• Previous experience in maintenance, PLC Programming/Control Systems Experience
• Able to lift 50lbs or more.
• Experience operating equipment used in skilled trades, power and hand tools, etc.; adhering to safety practices; handling hazardous materials, executing plans
• Strong understanding of health and safety requirements related to maintenance in a distribution environment.
• First Aid with CPR C + AED an asset.
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.